Minn. Woman Shoots Albino Deer During Opener

BuffaloBill

A no pigment deer...they are freaks of nature anyway..if I was born that way I'd hope someone would shoot me too.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
A no pigment deer...they are freaks of nature anyway..if I was born that way I'd hope someone would shoot me too.

We have two of them running around here. I've seen them in the yard a few times and almost daily in the field across the street. Our neighbor has some great pictures of them with their momma. Our camera sucks at any kind of distance or I would have some great shots. I'll get the neighbor to send me some in the next few days and post them.

CMC122

Go Braves!
There is a couple of them up at the wildlife sanctuary off of 197 and Powder Mill Rd in Laurel. Pretty cool looking:yay:

usagent

I grew up in Buffalo N.Y. and a friend of mine was albino. When it would snow at our bus stop, you'd have to search for his freaky pink eyes.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Some people are up in arms over this rare deer being be shot, to me they are an aberation and should be culled.

1badsilverado

1badsilverado
My grandfather used to say that the white deer brought good luck to the farm. We would always tell people not to shoot the white deer. All our neighbors knew not to shoot it also. Then one neighbor allowed some cops to hunt their land and one of them shot it and then bragged about it. That made a lot of people mad over that.

Nation Institute Standards and Technology has a large fenced campus in Gaithersburg. Deer can't get out. They have inbred to the point that a non-albino deer is a rarity there.

Buddy ownes a house in Persimmon Hills. He has a game camera set up behind his house to take pictures of deer and wildlife. He's got LOTS of albino or part albino deer there.

Nation Institute Standards and Technology has a large fenced campus in Gaithersburg. Deer can't get out. They have inbred to the point that a non-albino deer is a rarity there.

Buddy ownes a house in Persimmon Hills. He has a game camera set up behind his house to take pictures of deer and wildlife. He's got LOTS of albino or part albino deer there.
Piebald!!!!!!!!! THAT's the word I was trying to think of when I typed "part albino". Brainfart over. :yahoo:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I thought it was bad luck to shoot an albino deer...?

AND they aren't that rare.

True albino, that are all white with the pink eyes are pretty rare. Pie bald are not that rare and can sometimes be mistaken for albino's based on their level of "whiteness". (Just felt like Jesse Jackson) Anyway, I am not superstious. Inbred deer, that are for the most part sterile are of bad genes and should be culled from the herd in my opinion.

JustynSayneBand

True albino, that are all white with the pink eyes are pretty rare. Pie bald are not that rare and can sometimes be mistaken for albino's based on their level of "whiteness". (Just felt like Jesse Jackson) Anyway, I am not superstious. Inbred deer, that are for the most part sterile are of bad genes and should be culled from the herd in my opinion.

You meant Michael Jackson.
No wait, he's albino now, right?
Or is he considered a Piebald?
Not sure how that works.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
We get piebald deer down at my mom's about once every five years. I don't think I've ever seen one last more than a year or two before someone shoots them.

I would like to see one live a long while...Just once. I still think that guy who downed the monster buck in Chuck Co. should have let him go. You gotta respect something that has managed to live that long.

JustynSayneBand

We get piebald deer down at my mom's about once every five years. I don't think I've ever seen one last more than a year or two before someone shoots them.

I would like to see one live a long while...Just once. I still think that guy who downed the monster buck in Chuck Co. should have let him go. You gotta respect something that has managed to live that long.

Correction, that was a young buck, he was just fed the "right" vitals.
There is no old age to that deer. I'd love to see his teeth to be proved otherwise.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Well, in the clip, she made it obviuos that she was settin' up to get her an albino.

I for one would have chose a different ridge to hunt on. Cause everyone in the damn county was prolly on that ridge.

Where is the sport in hunting a bright azz deer that even Ray Charles can see?

I don't think Cabela's will want her scrawny 6 point anyhow.
Too planned out IMO.