Mirena

Pete

Repete
virgovictoria said:
sucks, eh? my initials... I just realized I had the wrong pic still linked! :doh:

And, I'm on the laptop, so.... :shrug:
:poorbaby: I am sure your slippery uterus is just dandy :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I went the Mirena route at the beginning of the year, and I loved it with the exception I had a two-week visit by the 'ol Aunt ... every two weeks. :jet: Two weeks on, two weeks off, two weeks on ... I had it removed about 2 months ago and went back to Nuvaring. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
I went the Mirena route at the beginning of the year, and I loved it with the exception I had a two-week visit by the 'ol Aunt ... every two weeks. :jet: Two weeks on, two weeks off, two weeks on ... I had it removed about 2 months ago and went back to Nuvaring. :yay:
I have a feeling that I'll be getting my payback for having a one:eek:ne ratio of one box of feminine hygiene products lasting a year for some time now... but, I like my smokes and can't have both the estrogen and nicotine at my age :insertfeeblegrannysmileyhere: :lmao:

marianne

My OB told me about the Mirena - she was using it at the time. She warned me that there's a lot of spotting and cramping the first 2-6 months but to try and stick with it. She also said there was just one side affect: you have little or no period. I replied, "that's not a side affect, that's a perk!" and I was sold. She was right about sticking with it and after six months I was accustomed to it. I've had Mirena for 4 years now, no menstrual cycles, and swear it's the greatest thing ever.

The thing that suprised me the most is how small the IUD really is. I always saw them in plastic cases at the GYN and they looked huge and scary. But when she showed me the Mirena it was tiny - thin as a toothpick and shorter than my thumb.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
marianne said:
My OB told me about the Mirena - she was using it at the time. She warned me that there's a lot of spotting and cramping the first 2-6 months but to try and stick with it. She also said there was just one side affect: you have little or no period. I replied, "that's not a side affect, that's a perk!" and I was sold. She was right about sticking with it and after six months I was accustomed to it. I've had Mirena for 4 years now, no menstrual cycles, and swear it's the greatest thing ever.

The thing that suprised me the most is how small the IUD really is. I always saw them in plastic cases at the GYN and they looked huge and scary. But when she showed me the Mirena it was tiny - thin as a toothpick and shorter than my thumb.
:yikes: Just shoot me now.:faint:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
My gyn tried to get me to hold off on removing it, but I couldn't take it anymore. I was starting to buy into that "don't trust anything that bleeds for two weeks, every two weeks, and doesn't die" thing. :lmao:

marianne

virgovictoria said:
:yikes: Just shoot me now.:faint:

Didn't mean to scare you! It did get better gradually although I'm sure different people have different experiences/reactions. At around 2 months it was the worst for me and I was about to throw in the towel. But I stuck with it and it slowly got better. At 6 months I discovered most of my concern with the device was psychological and not physical. Considering the awesome perks and that the Mirena lasts 5 years, it was soooo worthwhile :hangintherebaby:

Well, ladies... I am rapidly approaching 36 and have been on BCPs for almost 19 years... Given that I am a smoker and have been advised against attempting pregnancy, my gynocologist and I needed to instill another route of birth control (in lieu of sterilization).

So, today, I had the Mirena put in place!

This option is not for everyone, but we decided it is the best for me. I decided to start this thread to share the knowledge as I did not know IUDs were still being used widely and that it's a viable option covered by insurance.

And, I was also hoping to come across some others who have had the same one and can tell me what to expect (this has progesterone).

And finally, if anyone was in the waiting room at Dr. :gossip: office and heard screaming, I have a slippery cervix and the doc had to use heavy duty tools to get that sucker in place! :dead:

So what do you think of the Mirena IUD? Any bad side effects? :tap:

K

kris31280

Well, ladies... I am rapidly approaching 36 and have been on BCPs for almost 19 years... Given that I am a smoker and have been advised against attempting pregnancy, my gynocologist and I needed to instill another route of birth control (in lieu of sterilization).

So, today, I had the Mirena put in place!

This option is not for everyone, but we decided it is the best for me. I decided to start this thread to share the knowledge as I did not know IUDs were still being used widely and that it's a viable option covered by insurance.

And, I was also hoping to come across some others who have had the same one and can tell me what to expect (this has progesterone).

And finally, if anyone was in the waiting room at Dr. :gossip: office and heard screaming, I have a slippery cervix and the doc had to use heavy duty tools to get that sucker in place! :dead:
LOVE my Mirena! I've had it since November of 2005. My favorite side effect? No bleeding. I've never had it slip, I've never had any discomfort or pain, I've had absolutely no problems with it at ALL!