Missing Bike in Wildewood

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Around 6:00, I left to run a couple of errands, returning close to 7:00 - give or take a couple of minutes on both ends... During that time, my bike was stolen from my front porch in the Scarlet Oak neighborhood of Wildewood. It's a simple bike, a blue Murray one-speed ladies' cruiser. Neighbors saw 3 teenage boys, roughly 14-16 y/o - on skateboard and bikes that were unfamiliar to our neighborhood, riding up our walkway. My personal vehicle was parked out front and my dogs were undoubtedly barking inside.

These boys have a lot of brass for sure. I hope if any parent should notice or suspect that their child may have my bike, that they would private message me (above) or contact the administators (below).

If anyone else feels that they may know who the guilty party is, please do the same.

Happy Independence Day.

Thanks

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
virgovictoria said:
Around 6:00, I left to run a couple of errands, returning close to 7:00 - give or take a couple of minutes on both ends... During that time, my bike was stolen from my front porch in the Scarlet Oak neighborhood of Wildewood. It's a simple bike, a blue Murray one-speed ladies' cruiser. Neighbors saw 3 teenage boys, roughly 14-16 y/o - on skateboard and bikes that were unfamiliar to our neighborhood, riding up our walkway. My personal vehicle was parked out front and my dogs were undoubtedly barking inside.

These boys have a lot of brass for sure. I hope if any parent should notice or suspect that their child may have my bike, that they would private message me (above) or contact the administators (below).

If anyone else feels that they may know who the guilty party is, please do the same.

Happy Independence Day.

Thanks

Some punk kid is riding around on a ladies cruiser. :lmao:

Sorry, but I find that funny. I wish I could help ya more.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
Some punk kid is riding around on a ladies cruiser. :lmao:

Sorry, but I find that funny. I wish I could help ya more.

Yeah, I know!! And :gossip: had his black men's bike right behind mine. Little #@$*!!!!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
virgovictoria said:
And :gossip: had his black men's bike right behind mine.

Is everyone simply ignoring how VV has set herself up here? :lmao:

Being that :gossip: is as white as they come, I'd always assumed he'd ride a white man's bike. :shrug:

:lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's a shame that people can't leave items out unattended like in the old days. I guess it's a little late to get a chain and lock to secure the bikes this time but you might want to do it in the future.

nomoney

Ken King said:
It's a shame that people can't leave items out unattended like in the old days. I guess it's a little late to get a chain and lock to secure the bikes this time but you might want to do it in the future.

sucks that you have to get a lock and chain for your bike on your own friggen porch.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
sucks that you have to get a lock and chain for your bike on your own friggen porch.
I don't have a bike, but I wish someone would steal my porch.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
That might be an easier feat if it weren't loaded down with fridges and old sofas...:ohwell:
Yeah...it'd probably be easier just to leave the porch and drive the house away.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Are these the yard sale bikes? :shrug: And you said no one would steal them.

Sorry to hear about your bike, VV. Hope it finds it's way back to you soon.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Yes, BG, this was the yard sale bike that I am/was so infatuated with... that I truly thought no one would steal... especially not in front of my own home...:bawl: That holds my white wire basket and has old fashioned brake pedals and all...

No reason to call the cops... more sentimental and overall disheartening than anything fineable or punishable. :pout:

:sad:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Aw, that bites VV. I feel your pain. :huggy:

I only had one bad incident this weekend. I accidently left my digital camera behind in a restaurant in Salem. I realized I had done so about 5 minutes later, went back, it was gone and nobody turned it in. :bawl: I wanted a new camera, but not this way. :ohwell:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

I only had one bad incident this weekend. I accidently left my digital camera behind in a restaurant in Salem. I realized I had done so about 5 minutes later, went back, it was gone and nobody turned it in. :bawl: I wanted a new camera, but not this way. :ohwell:

Exactly. That bike was like rescuing a throw away stray. A new one will be nice :shrug: but, it's not the same thing and won't be able to replace the same warm fuzzy feeling.

Not to mention, it truly disgusts me that some neighborhood kid just helped himself without blinking an eye - he did so just cause he wanted to.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

Did your sis have a camera so you could capture the rest of the trip, I hope? Or did you pick up a new one there? In either case, I know you will show us once you muddle through!! :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
Did your sis have a camera so you could capture the rest of the trip, I hope? Or did you pick up a new one there? In either case, I know you will show us once you muddle through!! :yay:
Sis took pictures and will send them to me. I thought about picking another digital camera up while there, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money just to get a digital camera I don't like. The only picture I really wanted was the one I took of her in front of the campy wax museum in one of those things you stick your head through, although SHE has the one she took of ME. :angel:

I'm going to get another camera this weekend after I research the various models AND determine how much my pocketbook can bear. :lol: