Mississippi State pitcher Jurrangelo Cijntje goes viral for ambidextrous talent

b23hqb

PREMO Member

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Sounds fair. As he plays higher, it will be a bit different against known switch hitters, but analytics will be better at a higher level as well. I'd like to see now that glove looks.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I've read it was a glove made by Rawlings (reported to cost $500).
$500. Wow. My first glove in 1962 cost five dollars, from the post exchange in Germany. No doubt the glove is a great promotion for the manufacturer.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
$500. Wow. My first glove in 1962 cost five dollars, from the post exchange in Germany. No doubt the glove is a great promotion for the manufacturer.
You got a "new" glove, I got a hand-me-down. Wasn't till high school when I bought my first (probably $12.99 or something like that).

Prices are astonishingly expensive. Looking around the Rawlings XLE 12 costs only $150 or so. So I'm guessing this was a special order, made specifically for him. I bet lots of ball players pay big bucks for their exclusive gear.

SamSpade

I'm not sure why, but the first image that came to mind was "A League of Their Own" when they go to pick up Marla Hooch. She's batting and crushing these balls all over the place - and then Dad calls her to SWITCH, because she's a leftie - and she proceeds to tear the place up as her fielders whine and groan.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'm not sure why, but the first image that came to mind was "A League of Their Own" when they go to pick up Marla Hooch. She's batting and crushing these balls all over the place - and then Dad calls her to SWITCH, because she's a leftie - and she proceeds to tear the place up as her fielders whine and groan.
Good movie.