Mixed Martial Arts

calvertmma

Video Request - Andre Galvao MMA Debut

Has anyone found the video of Andre Galvao vs. Jeremiah Metcalf fight? It was on youtube, but pulled off.

hamc55

new uwc cage fights Oct 11th( patriot center) We from the Calvert MMA will be taking a bus out of Dunkirk ,if anyone is interested you can contact anyone from our school, last time there were some really good fights,any one interested let me know

calvertmma

Mixed martial arts fighter, wife found dead

Not Good...

Former IFL / WEC Fighter Justin Levens

From Comcast News:
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- A mixed martial arts fighter and his wife were found shot to death in a Laguna Niguel condominium in what authorities said was an apparent murder-suicide.

The bodies of Justin Levens and his wife, Sarah McLean-Levens, were found Wednesday afternoon, Orange County sheriff's officials said. The 28-year-old Levens competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and other organizations.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said the couple was found by the woman's mother, who called 911.

Lt. Mike Jansen says further information would be released Thursday.

calvertmma

9 Year Old BJJ Student Chokes Out Pitbull

Check out this story / Video....A nine year old Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Student applied the rear naked choke to a pitbull during an attack and maintained control of the dog until animal control arrived.

Boy Hero | KGET TV 17

calvertmma

Jiu-Jitsu / MMA Training in St. Mary's?

Forum readers / Martial Artist,

Just putting out a feeler...Is there any interest from the St. Mary's folks to have Calvert MMA open a school in St. Mary's?

I know a lot of people want to train, but don't want to make the hour or more drive to Dunkirk.

Let us know.

Thx.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
That would be so cool I'am down with it.It would be nice to do it the nights that I'am not at mine Tang Soo Do class.

UltimateWarrior

Absolutely! :yay: I trained up at Southern Maryland JuJitsu Academy, in White Plains, for nearly a year and it was a constant struggle to make it up there on time. We need this down here!

calvertmma

New Location / New Class Schedule

Folks,

With the closing of Olympus Gym we have moved to a new temp location - 10358 Southern Maryland Blvd. We will also be starting a five day a week schedule starting in Sept. We will have beginner classes on Mon/Wed, Intermediate/Adv class on Tues/Thurs, mixed class on Sat. We will have open mat all five days. Check out our website for more info.

Thanks,
CalvertMMA

calvertmma

any future plans for a mma gym in st mary's? the closest ones to me now are over an hour away

Sorry for not replying sooner. We still have plans to open a school in St. Mary's, but we're not sure how soon. We have just moved out of Olympus Gym after they shut down. We now offer classes five days per week with a new beginners class and a youth program. We will keep you posted.

calvertmma

Crab Feast

We are having our second annual crab feast Saturday October 10th (7PM - 10PM) at Abner's Crab House in Chesapeake Beach. Come and join us, it's open to all. The price is $30 for adults and $15 for 12 and younger. Price includes steam crabs, fries, hush puppies, soda, and draft beer for those 21 and over.