mole cricket????

BuckinRut

I was thinking the same thing about creepy crawlies. I can stand Tarantula's, Scorpions, lizards and snakes, but let one of those cave crickets near me and I am climbing the walls, and no this is not Mr. Buckin this is Mrs. :cds:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I've never seen one this far north but they're very common in GA where my grandma lives.

I've never seen one up this way either. I lived on the panhandle of FL for several years and these things are the bane of every lawn down there.

You wanna see something nasty and dangerous. I had one of these chase me down in Saudi Arabia once. A camel spider.

Last edited:

BuckinRut

I've never seen one up this way either. I lived on the panhandle of FL for several years and these things are the bane of every lawn down there.

You wanna see something nasty and dangerous. I had one of these chase me down in Saudi Arabia once. A camel spider.

:shocking:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I was thinking the same thing about creepy crawlies. I can stand Tarantula's, Scorpions, lizards and snakes, but let one of those cave crickets near me and I am climbing the walls, and no this is not Mr. Buckin this is Mrs. :cds:

You need your own account, just don't name it DoeinHeat OK? You'll get a lot of attention you just don't want.

G

Gemmi

Spider Cricket - BugGuide.Net

these guys are breeding somewhere in my garage and when I open the door to let the doors out, there is about a hundred of them waiting to either come in my house or go out in the yard with the dogs

I wouldn't have an issue with them if my spider liked to eat them(apparently they taste bad) and they didn't bite(and yea, they do bite)

I hate those things. They can jump really far and do bite.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Spider Cricket - BugGuide.Net

these guys are breeding somewhere in my garage and when I open the door to let the doors out, there is about a hundred of them waiting to either come in my house or go out in the yard with the dogs

I wouldn't have an issue with them if my spider liked to eat them(apparently they taste bad) and they didn't bite(and yea, they do bite)

I hate letting my doors out, they take so long to pee!

kk2187

ok while we are on the bug conversation, is anyone having trouble with excessive spiders this year. they are all over the place(in the house) and outside. ahhh. even thought about calling an exterminator. they are that bad

yes! on the 20th I opened the back door to the garage and was greeted with three black spiders that fell from the top of the door. I stepped outside to count 50 of them just along the side of the garage, plus many more hiding in the siding. :cds:

We've also had TONS of these spiders with brown heads/thorax and white/light tan bodies with brown spots on the back. Does anyone have a clue what kind they are? They seem to be the only kind we've really seen this summer besides those black ones.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
yes! on the 20th I opened the back door to the garage and was greeted with three black spiders that fell from the top of the door. I stepped outside to count 50 of them just along the side of the garage, plus many more hiding in the siding. :cds:

We've also had TONS of these spiders with brown heads/thorax and white/light tan bodies with brown spots on the back. Does anyone have a clue what kind they are? They seem to be the only kind we've really seen this summer besides those black ones.

Try: Spider Identification Chart - Venomous or Dangerous?

Novus Collectus

OMG yes. they are the craziest looking things. when i was a kid we always saw the "normal" black crickets sometimes brown. But now i never see those. its these wierd bubble back freakish bugs. how did they get here and what happen to our normal ones?:shocking:.. well after looking mole crickets up i see that they arent what im talking about. the ones ive seen are cave crickets or camel crickets but either what what happen to the regular ones???

Yeah, I always used to call those cricket moles too, but now I know what they are really called.

The worst thing about those cave crickets is they jump high into the craziest spots. My worst experience, especially since they always grossed me out before this anyway, is one when I was pulling up my pants and underwear after taking a piss where I lived and I did not notice one jumped in my shorts untill it was jumping and squirming against my testicles the moment I pulled my shorts up all the way.

I hate them!!!!!!!!!

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
Yeah, I always used to call those cricket moles too, but now I know what they are really called.

The worst thing about those cave crickets is they jump high into the craziest spots. My worst experience, especially since they always grossed me out before this anyway, is one when I was pulling up my pants and underwear after taking a piss where I lived and I did not notice one jumped in my shorts untill it was jumping and squirming against my testicles the moment I pulled my shorts up all the way.

I hate them!!!!!!!!!
You pee like a 4 year old? :lmao:

BOP

EWWWWWW....anybody seen these creepy things before?

Oh they are nasty....when I woke up for work at 3 a.m....I get my coffee turn on the weather channel and my adorable Boxer is INTENTLY watching something on the floor....I look to see what it is and :faint::

I started screaming, husband comes running, bumping into walls, stubbed his toe and then shouts "Just a da*m bug!" and proceeds to stumble back to bed....leaving me in the living room alone with this nasty a*s thing!

here's what it looked like!
weird bug - BugGuide.Net

No wonder you think that poor little cricket is nasty...you describe your Boxer as "adorable."

Boxers aren't adorable.