Monavie

morningbell

hmmmmmm
OMG, haven't you been watching the news? Didn't you see the story about me??

:lol:

I've only been drinking it since Saturday, and no miracle yet. But it is vitamins that I wouldn't normally get, so I'm sure that's a good thing. Normally I don't drink juice because I don't care for it, but this is kind of a forced drink because I don't want to waste the money I spent. :lol:

:eyebrow:

Vitamins from bananas, kiwi, blueberries, pear, prunes, cranberries, grapes? What about all that sugar?
Acai is just a tasty berry. I like Bossa Nova's brand Acai juice, it's just plain yummy.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Oh my god, hush!!! :smack: I catch crap all the time because I don't eat fruit. Now I'm eating fruit and STILL catching crap!

:cds:

HA! I didn't realize you don't eat fruit. Technically you're not really "eating" fruit but drinking juice.

Why don't you should get a juicer :shrug: Get it fresh, with all the enzymes intact, make your own blend, without having something pasteurized.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
HA! I didn't realize you don't eat fruit. Technically you're not really "eating" fruit but drinking juice.

Why don't you should get a juicer :shrug: Get it fresh, with all the enzymes intact, make your own blend, without having something pasteurized.

Because:

Normally I don't drink juice because I don't care for it

:tap:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
At sales meetings, like the one in Florida, Larsen says he reminds people that MonaVie "is just a juice." Meanwhile an 18-person compliance department investigates distributors suspected of making false claims—although with a million sales people on the books, that's easier said than done. "It's next to impossible," Larsen concedes, "like herding cats." With sales of a million bottles a week, it's also like minting money.

$40 for a bottle of fruit Juice?? I'm going to buy up some Orange Juice, put it in a wine bottle call it BobAvie!!

Isn't WINE a fruit juice?? How good a bottle of wine can you buy for $40?

Anyone tried it? Supposedly it cures cancer and diabetes, helps you lose weight,...

The last MLM Juice company he ran made the same claims, and were shut down.. now he's playing his cards a little better.. the company makes NO claims, only his independent distributors.. which he can't be expected to be able to control what they claim.

Last edited:

lisa8439

OMG, haven't you been watching the news? Didn't you see the story about me??

I sure have - and I knew it would still be a while before the unicorns returned to dance with laughing babies and puppies, and the chupacabras in the world instantly exploded into mounds of candy which were fed to the poor, I just thought maybe you'd be pooping rainbows after a day or so - all because of the wonderful vitamins in monavie... Bet Obama drinks the stuff... it probably helps you to win nobel peace prizes :lol:

:killingme

sounds like it probably isn't worth the $$ - I think for that amount of money I'd want to feel like I was walking on air after taking a drink! LOL I don't drink much juice either but I take a lot of supplements.

and :lol: at 'bobavie' - I can't believe they sell millions of those bottles a week! Holy moly.... I'm betting that most of the nutrients are probably lost in the production process... hmph.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bet Obama drinks the stuff... it probably helps you to win nobel peace prizes :lol:

It's going to be hard to tell if I feel any better because I felt fine before. But I know I need more nutrients, and smoking depletes your C, so I'm pretty sure this is making me healthier.

:cartwheel

itsbob

I bowl overhand

It's going to be hard to tell if I feel any better because I felt fine before. But I know I need more nutrients, and smoking depletes your C, so I'm pretty sure this is making me healthier.

:cartwheel

"Monavie…it probably won’t give you lung cancer”
“Monavie…it’s better for you than radon gas”
“Monavie…tastes like $hit but with only half the calories”
“Monavie…now 99.1% poison-free”
“Monavie…why buy your sodium benzoate anywhere else”
“Monavie…less nicotine than cigarettes and less saturated fat than bacon”
“Monavie…it won’t help you, but it won’t kill you”

Beta84

They're out to get us
As that add says, next best thing? I`d rather have a V8. Lay off the junk food. Eat right. Exercise regularly. no wt probs here. For you heavyweights, heck, go get your bottles of Fleet. :killingme

it's a pill that apparently gets you a ton of nutrients in lieu of not eating a buttload of fruits and vegetables. easier than a V8 and without the nasty tomato juice. :lol:

i don't know much about it, just that some chiropractors are strongly recommending it and some big name universities have done positive research on it. i haven't tried it tho

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've never heard of that brand, but I've heard of the acai stuff. But I've never tried it.

But I was told about a website a long time ago called Quackwatch - to check out stuff like that. It started out as a medical quackery watch type of place (thus, the name) but it has branched out into other types of fact checking sites. I think I looked up Noni Juice there a long time ago to try and tell my mom it wouldn't cure her diabetes. After she bought 4 bottles from a neighbor @ 40. a bottle. :ohwell:

I'll look up things like this there, because the companies who sell them always have a lot of anecdotal testimonials about these types of products. Not real facts. Anecdotal info can be very useful & accurate, but sometimes not. When you get a lot of opinions about something, you can decide for yourself. And you can't discount what works for some people. Since the FDA doesn't regulate natural products and other types of supplementals, it does pay to research things yourself.

I say if it works for you, and you like it, and can afford it - why not?

lisa8439

http://www.juiceplus.com/

Heard that is a good supplement. Since we're talking that kind of stuff. :shrug:

actually, that is a pretty good supplement for kids - my daughter took that stuff for about a year (around 2 years old) when she was having nutrition problems... she just wouldn't eat and she went through a period where it was really affecting her growth/behavior as well as her health. Juice Plus has 'gummies' for kids (I've never tried the adult stuff, as I think I get enough nutrients between my diet and other supplements) but I will say that the stuff really helped my daughter. She had no problem taking the gummies, and within a month her bloodwork had improved and she started slowly growing again after going almost a year without growing much - she was borderline failure to thrive and these really helped.

I did quit giving them to her when she started eating better - they are just too darn expensive to keep buying all of the time, but hey, if you have the extra $$ they were beneficial... I'd rather spend extra $$ on supplements that I know I don't eat enough of, or that it isn't *as* easy to get enough of. I can easily step up my fruit/veggie intake if I really wanted to.

Anyone tried it? Supposedly it cures cancer and diabetes, helps you lose weight, makes your hair shiny and lustrous, silences barking neighbor dogs and encourages world peace.

My friend is a distributor and she sold me 4 bottles of it (admittedly without any pressure from her because I figure even if it doesn't turn me into Dara Torres, I can still use the vitamins and this is an easy way to get them). You drink 2 oz. in the morning, then another 2 oz. in the afternoon. It's rather tart and somewhat thick, fruity and although not delicious, it's not unpleasant.

There are numerous sites calling it a scam, but they appear to be talking about the MLM distributorship of it, not the actual product. Just curious if anyone's familiar with it. (The product, that is, I don't care about the business end of things.)

Are you Dara Torres yet?

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
dara_torres.jpg
:hot:

Anyone tried it? Supposedly it cures cancer and diabetes, helps you lose weight, makes your hair shiny and lustrous, silences barking neighbor dogs and encourages world peace.

My friend is a distributor and she sold me 4 bottles of it (admittedly without any pressure from her because I figure even if it doesn't turn me into Dara Torres, I can still use the vitamins and this is an easy way to get them). You drink 2 oz. in the morning, then another 2 oz. in the afternoon. It's rather tart and somewhat thick, fruity and although not delicious, it's not unpleasant.

There are numerous sites calling it a scam, but they appear to be talking about the MLM distributorship of it, not the actual product. Just curious if anyone's familiar with it. (The product, that is, I don't care about the business end of things.)

So what's your review on Monavie, Vrai? :tap: