more on zylak...

G

giggles04

Originally posted by Barbra

As a matter of fact, Vrai, it was a "Mickey Bailey for Sheriff" sign. Sometime last week when I drove by, I noticed it'd been covered over w/ white paint. On my way back to work after lunch today, I saw it had the blip about Zylak.

That disappoints me to no end. The sheriff's race is turning into a big mess... but I just know that Zylak is going to get my vote. He's a nice guy, knows what he's doing, and cares about that department. I'm not just saying this... my family has been friends with both Mickey and Dave for years... but definately Dave is the better, more qualified canidate for the position. Hopefully the polls will show that Nov 5th.
And I'm not even going to get started on that poll on here... because thats an unfair judgement at this point..

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Does anyone know if Zylak has a website with his positions posted?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Kyle, dear, please tell me that you haven't missed the Zylak banners that have been all over this website! :lmao:

www.davidzylak.com
Guilty! :lmao:

Not enough caffine and too little electricity in the brain-case.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BchBns
and for how many months now ... I remember seeing them since last spring, I believe ... geez kyle, here, have another one :rolleyes: :cheers:
I've actually developed the ability to ****** web-ads. Even those on ****, apparently.

Sorry Vrai! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle
Better?
Better yet...just click on the ads every once in a while so they feel they are getting their money's worth. :wink:

urfullofit

I do believe the county jail has to use the hospital for inmates who become ill. zylack might be incharge but he is #1:not a doctor and #2 he didn't work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
They have shift supervisors. I would also like to take the time to say hi to mr brugman

STMLADY

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
IMO, if a person want's to commit suicide while incarcerated, so be it. That's just one less criminal to worry about AND pay for. Why should my tax dollars be spent on inmates to get the best possible counselors, rehabilitators...etc? Isn't it enough that they get 3 meals a day, watch t.v., play sports, make crafts???

I think inmates sometimes have it better than I do. :rolleyes:

You forgot COLLEGE DEGREES!

What voters are seeing since the primary is Dave Zylak trying to morph himself into Mickey Bailey.
Mickey is well known throughout St. Mary's for his outstanding role in educating our children about the dangers of drugs, alcohol and violence- and for teaching his award winning Criminal Justice class at the Tech Center. Mickey "wrote the book" on Community Policing here in St. Mary's.
Dave Zylak has enlisted two "supporters" to write letters to the Editor toward achieving his goal of being more "Like MICKEY"- one was a former Principal of Great Mills who literally fled the county under a cloud of suspicion and the other is Gary Lynch who works under Kathy O'Brien- who runs the taxpayer funded Walden/ Sierra and is running for a chair on the Democratic Central Committee.
Hello People!- there is a difference between having someone fax a letter from Portland, Or. saying he liked Zylak's visit to Great Mills 10 years ago and the tremendous amount of time and effort Mickey has put into educating our youth. As for Gary Lynch- please write and tell us which program at the jail did Zylak promulgate, present and implement- or did he just allow the program to continue under his much scrutinized watch at the jail.
There is no comparison folks- the real Mickey has taught our kids, coached our kids and mentored our kids! Mickey has the capacity and the determination to make the appropriate changes as our next Sheriff. Mickey is a born leader and has the knowledge and relavent experience required to perform his duties as Sheriff. More importantly- Mickey understands what we expect of our Sheriff.
The fact remains that Mickey is the epitome of Community Policing and is the most progressive candidate running. Mickey is not the puppet of any "machine". Mickey is a product of St. Mary's County schools and our community and Mickey has spent his adult life giving back to our community and our schools. Mickey has offered us a plan of action for the future while his opponent clings to the past and his "Party" for guidance and direction. Vote Mickey M. Bailey- our best choice.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by emptysky57

The fact remains that Mickey is the epitome of Community Policing and is the most progressive candidate running. Mickey is not the puppet of any "machine". Mickey is a product of St. Mary's County schools and our community and Mickey has spent his adult life giving back to our community and our schools. Mickey has offered us a plan of action for the future while his opponent clings to the past and his "Party" for guidance and direction. Vote Mickey M. Bailey- our best choice.

Yes, Mickey has done a lot of great things for the kids... but how much experience does he really have supervising his peers? Not as much as Zylak. Zylak has been a supervisor of some sort for the past 14 yrs, and has gained the respect of much of his peers in the process. That should stand for something.

bad1032

emptysky57
How wrong you are.Mickey has never had anything to do with community policing,NOTHING he was the supervisor for dare thats it nothing else.He taught at the vo.tech center but he also had many officers go there and teach the classes also,so dont come on here and try to B.S someone with info you know nothing about.Zylak on the other hand was the supervisor for the Community Police Division.Zylak is the best and only choice for the sheriffs job .

bad1032: you sound bitter. Please don't let the facts allow you to become negative. Mickey Bailey has supervised the Road Patrol Division, the Child Enforcement Officers, Traffic Safety and Court Security Officers and others. Mickey has ,as you say, taught and supervised DARE as well as taught Criminal Justice at the Tech Center. He has also supervised the Staff at the Police Academy. If you prefer Dave Zylak that is your perogative but please do not discount the overwhelming amount of experience Mickey has gained! The philosophy of "Community Policing" includes both on and off duty activities- Mickey Bailey and "CP" are synonomous!
Having said that I must again remind you that the job of Sheriff is putting capable people in appropriate positions (and sometimes removing and replacing poorly prepared people) and working with the BOCC and I believe Mickey is best prepared for this job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mickey Bailey and "CP" are synonomous!
When I think Community Police, a number of cops' names come to mind - not one of which is Mickey Bailey. The only thing I think of in connection with Mickey is the DARE program. When I think "CP" I think Greg Laxton - maybe we should vote for HIM for Sheriff?

vraiblonde: Our young people are fortunate to have Mickey Bailey as their chief advocate in the Sheriff's Office and, yes Mickey is well known throughout the county for his work in DARE. In addition, an enormous amount of parents and kids are thankful for the countless amount of time Mickey has served in our community. He has coached numerous sport teams, has worked closely with many civic groups as well as community watches. Greg Laxton is a likeable guy with a strong radio voice and apparently a friend of Zylak's (judging by the sign in his p/u). I think both Zylak and Laxton are fine people who happen to have issues with current Sheriff Voorhaar. This does not necessarily qualify Zylak or former deputy Laxton for the office of Sheriff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Emptysky, the sign that a person is taking himself too seriously is that they don't understand sarcasm when they hear (see?) it.

Greg Laxton isn't running for Sheriff. No, it's true - look at the ballot! The point was that you were trying to base Mickey "fitness" for the Sheriff job on his Community Policing, and I was merely pointing out that Mickey isn't the person you think of when you think of your community police.

I'm not going to bust on Mickey Bailey because I like him just fine and think he's a great person with his heart in the right place. But I don't think Mickey's ready to be Sheriff. He doesn't have the leadership skills to do it effectively. Not that Zylak is some tough guy who can make the Commissioners take crime prevention seriously, but I think he's got a better shot at it than Mickey does.

But I'll tell you a funny story:

A few years ago, I was talking to Greg Laxton and I jokingly said, "How come you don't run for Sheriff?" (This was in the heyday of his being the "voice" of the Sheriff's office) He replied, "No way! I'm going to wait another 10 years until all the kids are old enough to vote. Then they'll say, 'Hey! That guy gave me a coloring book! I'll vote for him!' " We laughed but the sad truth is, he was right - that's exactly how a lot of people vote.

vraiblonde: I am not busting on anybody, I am simply stating that Mickey is my choice for Sheriff. I do take the Sheriff's race seriously, and I know Mickey is running for the right reasons. Mickey Bailey is not running against anybody. Mickey Bailey is trying to make a difference- not settle a disagreement or make a point with the current Sheriff and his Staff. When Mickey is elected, I hope it is by a huge margin , then maybe the Commissioners will take the functions of the Sheriff's Office as serious as I do. Best wishes to you and yours- and thanks for the forum.
If anyone has a question for/about Mickey, simply call him at home- his number is in the book! 301.475.7293- or visit his website- www.baileyforsheriff.com