More sad news

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
otter said:
Listened to Don and Mike years ago and Freda was one of the funny parts of the show.

OC accident
How sad. We listen to them all the time. My oldest has Everything they have ever done on cd.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I've listened to them since the Morning Zoo on WAVA. I cried my eyes out the whole way home today, listening to them talk about her. :bawl: I feel like she's somebody I know! We've been together a very long time. :lol:

I was waiting for someone to post something about it. It's just awful.

Mikeinsmd

K_Jo said:
I've listened to them since the Morning Zoo on WAVA. I cried my eyes out the whole way home today, listening to them talk about her. :bawl: I feel like she's somebody I know! We've been together a very long time. :lol: I was waiting for someone to post something about it. It's just awful.
I started listening when they were at WAVA too, BM (before Mike). I had a tear in my eye when I climbed in the truck & heard. You just never know when your time will come. :sad:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
I started listening when they were at WAVA too, BM (before Mike). I had a tear in my eye when I climbed in the truck & heard. You just never know when your time will come. :sad:
No kidding. :sad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I remember years ago when she left him, Bart was just a tiny little guy. Don used to open the show EVERY single morning with the Isley Brothers' "This Old Heart of Mine." Guess she got the message because they got back together. God speed Freda.

ocean733

tomchamp said:
Have not listen to that show in years, but do remember when she used to call in! Sad!
I used to listen to the show all the time too. It's true, she was always a source of "conscience on the show". How horrible! Didn't they have children? The family is in my thoughts.

Mikeinsmd

ocean733 said:
I used to listen to the show all the time too. It's true, she was always a source of "conscience on the show". How horrible! Didn't they have children? The family is in my thoughts.
One boy named Bart. He goes to Clemson University.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I found out about Freda today because my friend called to tell me David Haines died. While he was on the phone, I did a search to find out what happened to Haines and came up with the freakin' Freda story.

Kinda funny how many accidents and health scares Don has had over years and his wife, the health nut, goes first. :ohwell:

This has really made me quite sad today.

On to a happier thread...

Mikeinsmd

K_Jo said:
I found out about Freda today because my friend called to tell me David Haines died. While he was on the phone, I did a search to find out what happened to Haines and came up with the freakin' Freda story.
David Haines used to do the news (on Dons show) when Don did the morning zoo at WAVA.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
David Haines used to do the news (on Dons show) when Don did the morning zoo at WAVA.
Yeah, I remember. Til he couldn't take it anymore! :crazy: :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Dag.. David Haines? I loved him!

I just read where Big Al Downing died last week. I followed him around in my disco dolly days. Used to hang out at the California Inn in Laurel and he and his band played there all the time.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:

I just read where Big Al Downing died last week. I followed him around in my disco dolly days. Used to hang out at the California Inn in Laurel and he and his band played there all the time.
I don't know who that is. :confused: Was he on the radio?

K

Kain99

cattitude said:

That's three..... So it's done. :sad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
K_Jo said:
I don't know who that is. :confused: Was he on the radio?

He had songs on the radio. He was a singer.. Note "disco dolly" which would have been in the early 70's. You were probably in diapers. :lol: