Morning sickness so bad mom had abortion

W

Wenchy

I never had morning sickness, but I had evil heartburn once I hit the 20th week and on. Strict liquid diet, or I would lose anything I ate. I loved my chocolate Ensure and gained plenty of weight.

I hope this woman will find the peace she needs. She is obviously torn up about it, but by writing this book she can let people know they are not alone, and there IS a treatment.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wenchy said:
I never had morning sickness, but I had evil heartburn once I hit the 20th week and on. Strict liquid diet, or I would lose anything I ate. I loved my chocolate Ensure and gained plenty of weight.

I hope this woman will find the peace she needs. She is obviously torn up about it, but by writing this book she can let people know they are not alone, and there IS a treatment.
Thing that bothers me it's been 8 years at least.. she's been pregnant three times since then with two children , an 8 year old and a 3 year old.. I was wondering WHY this was news now.. 9 or 10 years later, then they mentioned her book.

She's upset, she can BARELY live with herself, but she has no problem pandering to her abortion to make money.

This wasn't a news story, it was an advertisement.

sockgirl77

itsbob said:
Thing that bothers me it's been 8 years at least.. she's been pregnant three times since then with two children , an 8 year old and a 3 year old.. I was wondering WHY this was news now.. 9 or 10 years later, then they mentioned her book.

She's upset, she can BARELY live with herself, but she has no problem pandering to her abortion to make money.

Thing that bothers me is that she's had 2 children since. If it was that damn bad that she had to get an abortion, why would she even get pregnant again?

W

Wenchy

itsbob said:

I thought the same thing, but the word is still getting out. It also doesn't mean that she still doesn't feel deep sorrow about what happened years ago.

She wrote a book, and she got free publicity.

tastycakes

There was a segment done just recently on Dr. Phil about Hyperemesis Gravidium (HG) and about a single woman who had put her 2yr old up for adoption (through advice from I'm not really sure) because she was so sick. Many people are now starting to talk about it because many insurance companies don't view it as an illness and will not cover the expenses. There is an organization that is trying to get many to talk about even their past experiences so that attention may be brought to it. Can't say that this is the case with this woman but.... one could hope.

tastycakes

BadGirl said:
Hey, my friend! :huggy:

I remember how miserable you were with your pregnancy; it was so horrible. Little G-man is worth it, though. :yay:

Hello to you too! As you can tell, I'm very busy not unpacking :lmao: Give Bumps a big hug and kiss for me!!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
tastycakes said:
Hello to you too! As you can tell, I'm very busy not unpacking :lmao: Give Bumps a big hug and kiss for me!!
You call him Bumbs, I call him PickleLips. It's all good. :yay:

Good luck with the unpacking. Post pictures soon, please.

Cowgirl

sockgirl77 said:
Thing that bothers me is that she's had 2 children since. If it was that damn bad that she had to get an abortion, why would she even get pregnant again?

:shrug: Maybe she talked to her doctor and he told her all pregnancies are different. Maybe she wanted a child so badly that she was willing to take the chance that it would be different that time.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Cowgirl said:
:shrug: Maybe she talked to her doctor and he told her all pregnancies are different. Maybe she wanted a child so badly that she was willing to take the chance that it would be different that time.

That could be. All 3 of my pregnancies were different, my 1st I was sick for 4 months straight, had to quit my job, didn't think it would ever stop. The second never got sick a bit, the 3rd was a little queasy for about 1 month.

tastycakes

Speedy70 said:
I can't view the video, but from your post, I find it sad and appalling. Did she try medication for the morning sickness? They do make stuff for that.

I used everyone of the medications that they make for it even the ones for chemo patients and none of them worked. Not ever eating was all that worked.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm thinking that some of you are associating this condition as just being really acute morning sickness. It's not. It is MUCH worse than acute morning sickness, with a lot of other associated illnesses and organ breakdown, at least from what I gather.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
itsbob said:
I'm thinking that some of you are associating this condition as just being really acute morning sickness. It's not. It is MUCH worse than acute morning sickness, with a lot of other associated illnesses and organ breakdown, at least from what I gather.

She compared it to having the flu constantly. I've had the flu once and was wishing I was dead. I can't imagine having that feeling for 15 weeks. I think if it was me, I would have tried to see other doctors because they said it was treatable, so someone should have been able to help.

W

Wenchy

itsbob said:

When you can't keep food down, your body starts eating itself. It doesn't help when you have a baby sucking all the nutrients out of you as well.

There are treatments: Liquid diets are one, and that's what they put me on when I went into ketosis. If that hadn't worked, I would have been flat on my back in the hospital hooked up to IV's. Luckily, I kept the Ensure down.

The whole point of this woman's book was to let people know this. Some have the morning sickness, some have it all the way through, and some get the acid reflux like I did. The important thing is to keep yourself hydrated and nourished so you can have a healthy baby.