Morons in the gym...

B

Big Fatty

...I'm all for that. If you would like to offer some guidance, I'd be happy to hear it.

Here's what I do now;

M,W,F; stretch, warm up, 10 minutes. Then jog (plod) 3-4 miles. 40-45 minutes including cool down. Goal; cardio. Work up to 5 miles 3* a week over the next six months.

6 sets of crunches, 15 center, 15 right and left, per set. About 10 minutes. Goal; core strength, stability and stamina.

Then off to the bench. My goal here is an emphasis on NOT hurting my shoulders, firm up the chest and get stronger. I don't even try to find what my max 1 rep is. I just wanna slowly get stronger with weight I can always handle on my own.

Then I curl, 12 per arm per set, 35, 30, 25, 20 then 15 pounds. Dumbells. Goal; Decent guns. :lmao:

I'm in there for 2 hours and feel great.

Thoughts? Critique?

Larry

I will keep my thoughts and suggestions brief. One, because I could write a book here and there is no need to because many other people have said it better than me. Two, because I believe it may be more effective.

1. Is what you are doing, i.e. above, working? If it is then by no means do you need to fix it. If not...then well....
2. How long have you been doing the above routine? Suggest every 3-4 weeks changing some variable. Sets/reps/exercises/frequency/etc.
3. The rest of my suggestions are off the top of my head and not all-inclusive:
4. Look up a decent training routine and stick to it. Doing crunches, BPs, and curls really is not a routine. What about lower body and doing some back work? Balance things out.....
5. I am not an aerobic expert. Endurance activities are not my thing anymore. However, try mixing in some intervals and cross-training sometimes.
6. What are your goals really? Do you have a way to quantify and measure them? Do you have indicators, milestones, or landmarks to use along the way? Are these goals flexible and realistic?
7. There is more but try that for now....... Don't complicate it or read to much in to what I say. Keep it simple.