Morton's Toe.....

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
People overlook the importance of feet.

No kidding. All the years of running and aerobics has left me with persistent Metatarsalgia. I haven't been able to walk without some level of pain for years and forget "pretty" shoes.:frown:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I have it,......that explains a lot........:bawl:

Morton's neuroma is a swollen or thickened nerve in the ball of your foot. When your toes are squeezed together too often and for too long, the nerve that runs between your toes can swell and get thicker. This can make it painful when you walk on that foot. High-heeled, tight, or narrow shoes can make pain worse

That really sucks. You look so good in high heels

T

toppick08

People overlook the importance of feet.

Morton’s Foot (or Morton’s Toe)
Morton's Foot, sometimes called Morton’s Toe, is recognized by a longer second toe, or by a deeper web space between the first and second toe. Over 70 years ago, Dr. Dudley Morton discovered that many people had a short first metatarsal bone. He concluded that this condition impacted their gait, causing your foot to hyperpronate—a dysfunction of the foot causing your ankles to roll in when you stand, walk and run.
Estimates range from 15% of the population to as high as 50-60% has Morton’s Foot. I recently saw a photo of four ladies feet, taken to show off their shoes and toenails—and all four had Morton’s Foot!
The constant pressure placed on the longer second toe while walking or standing can lead to callus formation under the second metatarsal head due to this excessive pressure. The use of orthotics can align the foot by providing arch support. A metatarsal pad under the metatarsal heads of the forefoot can relieve pressure on the second metatarsal head. A good source of metatarsal pads is Hapad.com.
Morton’s Foot makes buying shoes harder. It is important to fit shoes to this longest toe. Your toes need space and breathing room, as discussed in the previous blog, and your longer toe is no exception. In addition, make sure you trim your nails and file them smooth. Good toenail care, especially of this long toe, will prevent the nail from hitting on the front of the shoe—jamming the nail back into the nailbed. If you are bothered by toe pain, gel caps could help. These are a gel substance that covers the toe and many are reusable.

ShyOne

I had it also. Never did wear high heals but walked on concrete all day at work. Did not respond to the shots. Had surgery to remove the nerve. It gives me no problems now.