Mossberg 500 12 Guage Wood Stock/Forearm

SoMdmMusician

I am looking for a good condition set of wood stock and forearm for a Mossberg 12 gauge. I hoping maybe someone has replaced theirs with a composite replacement set and has a wood set laying a round. I can not find any aftermarket wood sets anywhere except for the wooden thumbhole set from Bass Pro, but, they don't offer them for the 500. I got them for my 870 and I gotta tell you tell you, this is one super sweet set of aftermarket replacements.

If anyne has any leads on a set for a 500, please let me know.

Thanks,
SoMdMusician

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Putting...

...wood on a mossburg is like putting ivory handles on a hammer; just don't belong.

The 500 is a WORK gun, a tool, I never have to worry about getting dirty, dinged or wet. The composite is great.

To each his own. :buddies:

broncosrule

Who's there?
I am looking for a good condition set of wood stock and forearm for a Mossberg 12 gauge. I hoping maybe someone has replaced theirs with a composite replacement set and has a wood set laying a round. I can not find any aftermarket wood sets anywhere except for the wooden thumbhole set from Bass Pro, but, they don't offer them for the 500. I got them for my 870 and I gotta tell you tell you, this is one super sweet set of aftermarket replacements.

If anyne has any leads on a set for a 500, please let me know.

Thanks,
SoMdMusician

Do you have composite on yours now? If so, maybe we could trade as I have wood on mine now and am looking to change.

SoMdmMusician

...wood on a mossburg is like putting ivory handles on a hammer; just don't belong.

The 500 is a WORK gun, a tool, I never have to worry about getting dirty, dinged or wet. The composite is great.

Well it came with wooden parts, and I am looking for wooden parts. I don't care for composite stocks, I think they make the gun look cheap, like a plastic toy, but, to each his own. Yes, I do have a few guns with composite stocks, those are my "work" guns. Regardless, I'm still still looking for a nice set of wood, maybe somebody traded out the wood for composite??????

SoMdmMusician

Do you have composite on yours now? If so, maybe we could trade as I have wood on mine now and am looking to change.

No I don't have plastic on mine, it came with wood, I am looking for another set to refinish, hoping someone has already traded to plastic, and would like to recoup some of their expenses.

edinsomd

My Mossy 500 has wood furniture. Except for replacing the safety lock with a steel part the firearm has been as reliable as a hammer. I expect little change in the next hundred years or so.
Ed

R

RadioPatrol

but but but ........

mine came with WOOD back in 1992 when I bought @ Service Merchandise in Ghettodorf :lmao: