Mother's Day Meal Bombs

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Try grilled Fruit Kabobs,

Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, and bananas. Serve with vanillia or lemon yogurt. :yum:
:drool: I had friends make grilled pineapple halves with brown sugar and rum. It was da bomb! :banana:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I'm tellin' ya, folks - I won't be able to look at an onion for a while! Yuck! I HATE this! I'm gonna try Realemon in seltzer, maybe that'll help. Yuck!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
I actually prefer the metal skewers.. handles, reusable, they're a good conductor and even distributor of heat.. blah blah blah...
Really? The kabobs fall off of mine. Maybe they're the wrong type? These are about 8 inches long, the shaft corkscrews, and they have a round end.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
I'm tellin' ya, folks - I won't be able to look at an onion for a while! Yuck! I HATE this! I'm gonna try Realemon in seltzer, maybe that'll help. Yuck!
:poorbaby: That's why I only eat sweet onions. They do the same to me.

Next time try Vidalias or Walla Walla Sweets. They have none of the kickback and actually caramelize as you cook them to get even sweeter.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Really? The kabobs fall off of mine. Maybe they're the wrong type? These are about 8 inches long, the shaft corkscrews, and they have a round end.

If you have what I think you have, the spiral type seem to be more for a (if you will) making a meatcicle... :lmao: not sharp around the edge/bottom - and corkscrewed to sort of make a tendril out of chicken tenders/strips or flank steaks... not really made for chunks or veggies :shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

p.s. Like making satays v. kabobs/kebabs/kebobs (tomato/toemahto)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
If you have what I think you have, the spiral type seem to be more for a (if you will) making a meatcicle... :lmao: not sharp around the edge/bottom - and corkscrewed to sort of make a tendril out of chicken tenders/strips or flank steaks... not really made for chunks or veggies :shrug:
Well, that WOULD explain why they don't work. :lol: Meatcicle...hmm... :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Grill God says to double skewer the kabobs so you can turn them easier and the stuff doesn't spin around on the skewer.