Motorcycles taking car spots? Tick you off? Why?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Parking in a regular sized spot doesn't bother me, actually I would prefer to be parked next to a bike than someone's daily commuter F350 super duty that hangs over both sides of the compact space. What I did mind when I had the regular commute was bikes cutting the line at the gate.

I hate it when I walk into those side mirrors. :eek:hwell;

Restitution

I only mind if and when the allotted motorcycle parking area is completely empty and someone parks their bike in a car spot. If you do not like the location of the cycle parking then speak to someone to have it moved... otherwise, park it there. If it is too far of a walk, too sloped, or too much of an inconvenience to use it then.... drive your car to work!

Grumpy

I only mind if and when the allotted motorcycle parking area is completely empty and someone parks their bike in a car spot. If you do not like the location of the cycle parking then speak to someone to have it moved... otherwise, park it there. If it is too far of a walk, too sloped, or too much of an inconvenience to use it then.... drive your car to work!

You in need of a snickers?

glhs837

Power with Control

Yeah, pretty sure my position as the grease on one of the smaller cogs on the big machine here ensures no input I give will effect any change. So following your advice I take my car, which will take up the exact same spot my bike would :) Except of course, that no other car could share the spot with me :)

Clem72

This is more of an issue if there is reserved parking for motorcycles, and all of the non-reserved fills up. So, the person riding the bike gets there early and decides he doesn't want to walk 30 yards to the motor cycle spot and parks right up front, causing someone else to need to walk 100 yards later. Maybe not the most considerate, but not the worst thing in the world.

This reminds me of an apartment complex I used to live in where the two people with handicap placards would often park in the only two non-handicapped spots in the front row because they are AT MOST 8 feet closer to the building, leaving us with 6 of 8 spots in that row empty because no one else can park there. And since the second row always filled up, at least two people had to walk about a quarter mile to the extended parking to save them 8 feet.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Thank you, but I'll park wherever the hell I feel like it..

Why is it your car with a single passenger rate a full size spot, but my motorcycle with the same single passenger relegated to go where I'm told??

If a car spot is more desired I'm taking it, and I hope it ruins your attitude and you have to go home and beat the dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
With the bike I take extra care to park in the back of the space.. don't want anyone pulling into the space and not seeing the bike before they hit it..

NO fake open spaces..

Good idea. Especially those little bitty bikes.

glhs837

Power with Control

Why is it your car with a single passenger rate a full size spot, but my motorcycle with the same single passenger relegated to go where I'm told??

If a car spot is more desired I'm taking it, and I hope it ruins your attitude and you have to go home and beat the dog.

high five.png

Restitution

Apples and Oranges much?

At least you get a reserved spot to park your motorcycle! I 'm guessing you would be OK if I parked my SUV in the motorcycle only parking.... amiright?

After all...

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually happens here :) Usually takes up half the spot, sometimes another joins in and they take up the whole thing :) Never bothers me, however :)

Restitution

Can you fit it into "1" Motorcycle space?

Most definitely! Motorcycle only "spaces" are often and usually capable of parking multiple cycles at one time.

I don't think this is a space issue as much as it is a LAZY issue. The cycle parking is not frequently placed as close to building entrances as some car parking spaces. God forbid you walk the extra few feet!

glhs837

Power with Control
Most definitely! Motorcycle only "spaces" are often and usually capable of parking multiple cycles at one time.

I don't think this is a space issue as much as it is a LAZY issue. The cycle parking is not frequently placed as close to building entrances as some car parking spaces. God forbid you walk the extra few feet!

In this particular case, it's pretty much a wash. Almost exactly the same distance. And yes, I did pace it off once :)