moving to md need some advice

bryanj626

Good morning forum my name is Bryan Jones i am forty five yr old black male
I am about to move to md from california and would like some input on where to live i will be working at pax river and my family is from delaware i am trying
find somewhere in between nice house and freindly neighbors i own a boat and love the water and bar b que so please help me find some nice towns
also i am single so make sure there are pretty women around.

Dedee

I am about to move to md from california and would like some input on where to live i will be working at pax river and my family is from delaware i am trying
find somewhere in between nice house and freindly neighbors i own a boat and love the water and bar b que so please help me find some nice towns

I like Calvert Co. I work in Charles Co. and have friends in St Mary's but I perfer Calvert.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
There are very few "bad" areas in southern MD. I would suggest you start with an apartment and personally checknout the advantages/disadvanteges of different neighborhoods. All it takes is one crappy neighbor for someone to tell you the whole area is bad

FYI - When you register your vehicle, Maryland will screw you by charging sales tax on the blue book value of your car.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hi Bryan :howdy:

Rush hour traffic is a killer, so south of base would be your best bet. Unfortunately it's a bit sparse down there (which is why traffic to and from isn't bad).

Like Aps said, you'd be better off renting for a year and check out the area before you commit to a house. Abberley Crest is nice and so are The Greens.

Apartments in Lexington Park MD - Luxury Apartments for Lease Near Patuxent Naval Air Base

Greens at Hilton Run - Apartments for Rent in Lexington Park, MD | Home

I have a friend who used to live at Abberley, and he liked it pretty well.

CRHS89

You mentioned having family in Delaware and wanting to be in between them and Pax. Although St. Mary's County is fairly close to DE "as the crow flies", you have to go north to cross over the Chesapeake Bay which makes us about 2 hours from DE. Moving to either Charles or Calvert counties will shorten that drive.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Post a pic and if you're cute enough I'll tell you the best place to live. :yay: I'll also need to know how much money you make, what kind of car you drive, and the like. :popcorn:

Owings in Calvert county is a nice area about 3-4 hours to Deleware and I guess 1-2 hours from pax. Good luck!!!

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Post a pic and if you're cute enough I'll tell you the best place to live. :yay: I'll also need to know how much money you make, what kind of car you drive, and the like. :popcorn:

Lets see.... I make about $375,000 every 6 months. I drive a Lamborghini Murcielago. And you've already met me so no picture for you.

Oh, and I have a mini-van if you're into that too! :love:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

Hey Pix,
At least you asked if he was cute. :lol: Some women only care about the other thing$ you mentioned.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey Pix,
At least you asked if he was cute. :lol: Some women only care about the other thing$ you mentioned.

I've dated plenty of the broke ones so as materialistic as it sounds there are $$ requirements now. I've worked too damn hard to piss it all away on some broke-arse. :lol:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
I've dated plenty of the broke ones so as materialistic as it sounds there are $$ requirements now. I've worked too damn hard to piss it all away on some broke-arse. :lol:

Pixie,
Don't take what I said the wrong way. I was just trying to say that there are some women out there that care ONLY about $$$ and status but nothing else. By no means was I trying to imply that you were a golddigger. From chatting with you and reading your posts, I know that is not the case. But it's sad to say that I've come across many women who are.

Hank

my war

Pixie,
Don't take what I said the wrong way. I was just trying to say that there are some women out there that care ONLY about $$$ and status but nothing else. By no means was I trying to imply that you were a golddigger. From chatting with you and reading your posts, I know that is not the case. But it's sad to say that I've come across many women who are.

I smell a romance! Today's theme is LOVE!!!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I like Calvert Co. I work in Charles Co. and have friends in St Mary's but I perfer Calvert.

Calvert would probably be the most convenient "in between" place to live. I'm in mid Calvert and hubby works right next to the base, takes him about 40 minutes to get to/from work. The inlaws live in Bear, DE and it's about a 2.5 hour ride from here.

But for a single man looking to date.......there's not a lot of night life here in Calvert county. But it's an hour from DC and 30 minutes to Annapolis, where there's a lot more going on. I agree with what some others have recommended - rent for a little while until getting a feel for what southern MD is like in the different areas.

Pete

Repete
Hi Bryan :howdy:

Rush hour traffic is a killer, so south of base would be your best bet. Unfortunately it's a bit sparse down there (which is why traffic to and from isn't bad).

If he is coming from California the traffic here is nothing.

Pete

Repete

Hi,
I'm Pete. I make bank, have several vehicles, don't give a #### about world peace or long walks on the beach unless we are looking for a place to roll in the sand. I do cook, clean and other domestic chores but would expect you to pull your own weight. I am also older so I fall asleep earlier so you could go out with your peeps after I pass out. I'm funny, stable and sometimes cranky so you can get your ##### on without feeling guilty occasionally. I wont smack you around, ask to borrow money, need bail, and you wont find me on Maryland Judiciary Case Search, I am not currently on any meds, never been institutionalized although I amditt I have been accused of being crazy a couple times by people that don't like me anyway.

Let me know.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Hi,
I'm Pete. I make bank, have several vehicles, don't give a #### about world peace or long walks on the beach unless we are looking for a place to roll in the sand. I do cook, clean and other domestic chores but would expect you to pull your own weight. I am also older so I fall asleep earlier so you could go out with your peeps after I pass out. I'm funny, stable and sometimes cranky so you can get your ##### on without feeling guilty occasionally. I wont smack you around, ask to borrow money, need bail, and you wont find me on Maryland Judiciary Case Search, I am not currently on any meds, never been institutionalized although I amditt I have been accused of being crazy a couple times by people that don't like me anyway.

Let me know.

:hot: