Moving To Southern Maryland Soon...

RangerJohn

Originally posted by SmallTown
I think it is Meadow Lake. We had looked at that place before we decided to move out of Maryland. Construction in so-so, association has some issues, and you get to come out of a decent neighborhood straight into the ghetto. Had they put in a different entrance so it didn't take you by the ghetto homes, it wouldn't be too bad.

I looked there as well, heard some stories about the construction as well, good and bad, but when I saw the projects across the road when I was driving out, decided against it. In Mariners Cove, it is a little more secluded and harder to find, plus 250 yards to the bay is hard to beat...my boys run down to the beach with their fishing poles in hand all summer long. Hate to be leaving, but the current job dictates that I be in the Norfolk area.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
The homes at Hickory Hills are nice if you buy one that's already built! Trust me, you don't want to deal with the builder. I know of a Dickerson model for sale by owner (built in 2002). Only thing is that it's only a 3 bedroom, but one of the non-master bedroom is around 15'x16'... and they are asking $227K. I can get you the number if you are interested.

Oh, yeah, Hickory Hills is at the corner of Chancellor's Run and RTE 235 (Sheetz).

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by RPM
sounds nice man, but unfortunatly its about 70,000 too much for me. im supporting a family of 4 on a single income. lol

Hollywood, Leonardtown, Mechanicsville, California, Callaway much better then MOST of Lexigton Park/Great Mills.

Wildewood in California, MD just south of Hollywood have homes and Town Houses. Bay Ridge...right on the outsirks of Great Mills is a nice nieghborhood

RPM

SUPERGROVER

YES, PLEASE GET ME THAT NUMBER.

I DIDNT REALIZE THERE WERE PROJECTS IN THE AREA I WAS LOOKING.:frown:

HICKORY HILLS, IS ONE OF THE NEIGHBORHOODS I WAS LOOKING AT.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO RECOMEND ANY AREAS, PLEASE GIVE DIRECTIONS FROM THE GREAT MILLS AREA. IM CURRENTLY STAYING AT THE FAIRFIELD INN BY MARRIOT FOR THE WEEKEND SO THAT I CAN CHECK OUT THE AREA.

THANKS.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Don't have the number on me right now but the house is at Hickory Hills North.

Heading North on 235 from gate 1 -- turn left onto Chancellor's Run.

Take the first right from Chancellor's Run which will be Amber (should see the Hickory Hills sign)

Take the first right from Amber onto Athlone (should see the Hickory Hills North sign)

The house I spoke of is the last house on the left on athlone before the new homes being constructed (there's a for sale by owner sign).

BTW, there's a 4 bedroom/3.5 bath home, that's a similar model, on Brawny (off of Athlone) that's going for almost $260K!

good luck
:)

SmallTown

Football season!
Do NOT go to Hickory Hills! People that I knew that lived there couldn't wait to get out. Houses were falling apart, and everything is crammed so tightly in there. If your budget can afford it, go somewhere besides hickory hills.

carlmichellemd

We live In Bay Ridge estates in Lexington Park off of 5, it is a great neighborhood and isn't as expensive as some. We love it. We also have friends who live in Wildwood that are happy (a little more expensive). I was worried at first about the schools myself when I did research on the internet before we moved from the midwest. My kids have done great in the last year and a half. Their grades are great and they love the schools. One goes to Park Hall and one to Spring Ridge Middle school. It depends on your kids and if you are involved with the schools.

carlmichellemd

We also know friends in Hickory Hills and they are moving because it is to crowded. They love all the perks, but they want a bigger yard and don't want to be so close to their neighbors.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: ken king

Originally posted by RPM
yes, if the bridge closes, it is a very long drive. i will just have to take that day off.:biggrin:

Any reason you aren't looking at Calvert County?? Think the schools here are a little better, High School is in the top 4% in the nation... ALl new schools, young motivated faculty.. have a kid in each.. Dowell Elementary, Mill Creek Middle.. and Patuxent High.. they all seem to really enjoy school here, and am REAL impressed over the schools they had in PA.