Mr. Dell, go to hell!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174900,00.html
President Robert Mugabe said a U.S. diplomat who said government policies were to blame for Zimbabwe's crisis could "go to hell."

U.S. Ambassador Christopher Dell last week blamed Mugabe's policies, rather than the drought and Western-imposed sanctions and boycotts Zimbabwe officials often blame, for 80 percent unemployment, 359 percent inflation, and an escalating humanitarian crisis.

And since we're on the subject, what's the purpose of an Ambassador? Especially in some crap hole like Zimbabwe?

rack'm

Jaded
FACTS

Population: 12.9 million (UN, 2005)
Capital: Harare
Area: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major language: English (official), Shona, Sindebele
Major religions: Christianity, indigenous beliefs
Life expectancy: 37 years (men), 37 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Zimbabwe dollar = 100 cents
Main exports: Tobacco, cotton, agricultural products, gold, minerals
GNI per capita: US $480 (World Bank, 2001)
Internet domain: .zw
International dialling code: +263

Yeah, nothing worth saving, FLUSH'M!!

Steve

Enjoying life!
Damn, I'd be about dead if I was Zimbabweaiananian. At $480 GNI per capita, could I buy one for a year?

blacklabman

I was on safari in Zimbabwe a few years ago. I hunted the north and western parts of the country. I did have occasion to stay in Harare one night. The worsening problem was a topic of discussion at the end of a day's hunt. I was scheduled to return for another safari, but was cancelled due to the poaching by the blacks who were moving onto the farms illegally.

I am saddened to hear of their problems, but it is true that Mugabe is the cause of the countries problems.

I hope those that I met while there, both black and white, have been minimally impacted by this situation. But alas, I suspect not.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
what's the purpose of an Ambassador? Especially in some crap hole like Zimbabwe?
It's a cushy, well paid job with a title (Mr. Ambassador) used as payback for folks that make large campaign contributions. You can send a guy to Zimbabwe that isn't very diplomatic :lol: