MSNBC taps Alex Wagner to fill Rachel Maddow void despite network's history of scrapping her programs

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Alex Wagner has big shoes to fill as Rachel Maddow continues to be MSNBC's most-watched host

MSNBC has apparently found the answer to its Maddow primetime conundrum.

The Peacock network announced that Alex Wagner will be filling the 9 p.m. ET time slot Tuesdays through Fridays that has been left vacant by the network's only superstar Rachel Maddow, who rolled back her on-air presence to only Mondays starting in May.

Wagner, a frequent guest host of "The Rachel Maddow Show," has a lengthy history in progressive activism and liberal media. She began her career as the "cultural correspondent" with the liberal group the Center for American Progress and was the executive director of the human rights organization Not On Our Watch. She was also a reporter for the Huffington Post, a CBS News host, senior editor of The Atlantic, and the executive producer of Showtime's "The Circus."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My ex-BIL was a guest on Maddow when he worked for Project Veritas. That is the one and only time I ever watched her show.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What's more bizarre is, some people are buying it.
They call the denial of 2020 election the "big lie"? They're about to break THAT ONE wide open.
It would nice if the loonies would follow through with their "I'm leaving the US if he get's elected" schtick, just like last time.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Her and AOC.
60ht89.jpg

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
It would nice if the loonies would follow through with their "I'm leaving the US if he get's elected" schtick, just like last time.

Seriously. :yay: :yay:

They'd be so much happier in one of those enlightened, tolerant, diverse, LGBTQABC123 places like Yemen, Gaza or Bejing.

SamSpade

It usually goes like this :

1. Aaaaaah! The Dark Side Wins! The end of the world!
2. Well maybe not.
3. Ok, so it's not going to be terrible
4. Actually NOTHING I said would happen, although I STILL THINK IT MIGHT
5. Ok, so I won't leave - SOMEONE has to stick around and fight it.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

It usually goes like this :

1. Aaaaaah! The Dark Side Wins! The end of the world!
2. Well maybe not.
3. Ok, so it's not going to be terrible
4. Actually NOTHING I said would happen, although I STILL THINK IT MIGHT
5. Ok, so I won't leave - SOMEONE has to stick around and fight it.
Ingrid Newkirk of Animal Liberation Front and president of PETA, on taking animal-tested, animal-based insulin: "I take it to fight for the animals; they would want me to." (paraphrased)