Mt Victoria

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
This ride is one you will not want to miss.
Once a year De La Brooke Foxhounds W hosts a trail ride at Mt Victoria. This is probably the most anticipated ride of all SOMD and will be held this year on Sunday, October 29th. If you have never been there you just have to make this one.

For further info, e-mail Jackie hoofbeat4@lycos.com

Terrain is easy to moderate, with some small hills. Riders choose their own pace through woods and along cropland. Ride is approximately 12 miles, with option to return to trailers early for about a 7-mile route.

Directions: From 301, north of the Potomac River Bridge, turn onto Rte 257 (Cobb Island). Continue past Banks O’Dee Rd on the right, take the second driveway on the left (is marked with white pillar). Follow signs to parking.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
mygoldnhorse said:
This ride is one you will not want to miss.
Once a year De La Brooke Foxhounds W hosts a trail ride at Mt Victoria. This is probably the most anticipated ride of all SOMD and will be held this year on Sunday, October 29th. If you have never been there you just have to make this one.

For further info, e-mail Jackie hoofbeat4@lycos.com

Terrain is easy to moderate, with some small hills. Riders choose their own pace through woods and along cropland. Ride is approximately 12 miles, with option to return to trailers early for about a 7-mile route.

Directions: From 301, north of the Potomac River Bridge, turn onto Rte 257 (Cobb Island). Continue past Banks O’Dee Rd on the right, take the second driveway on the left (is marked with white pillar). Follow signs to parking.

Sounds like a nice ride. Hopefully I can make it. :howdy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I can and probably in 2 hrs :lmao:

On Sunday at Oakridge I spent the majority of the ride hold'n her back, :jameo: and we were back in 50 minutes :lmao:. Other than "because it was for a good cause" it wasn't worth tacking up.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Wisecrackin" said:
Yeah I blinked and was back too.. :lmao:
You know I think when we go to Maxwell Hall we need to talk to John Snow.

Plumloco and some of his friends put in the original trails at Oakridge, I guess it has to be 10 + yrs ago. If John can get us a good map we should be able to put in some others. Also on Tuesday when I went to PGM in Charles Co I checked the land records to see who owned the property that is just to the right of the property that we used to get to the canal. It is owned by a church. I have the address and have started drafting a letter to them to see if they will give us permission to cross their property. I am keeping my fingers crossed they will let us. If not then I see Oakridge Park becoming primarily a place to do some training with youngsters and of course a nice place for shows.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I got this email..this is how you need to address all trail rides so you don't get people thinking you supply them a horse

You’re invited to bring your horse to De La Brooke Foxhounds W Trail Ride at Mount Victoria on Sunday, October 29, 2006. Registration opens at 11:00 and riders go out from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Terrain is easy to moderate, with some small hills and small streams. Riders choose their own pace through woods and along cropland. Ride is approximately 12 miles, with option to return to trailers early for about a 7-mile route

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Pasofever said:
I got this email..this is how you need to address all trail rides so you don't get people thinking you supply them a horse

You’re invited to bring your horse to De La Brooke Foxhounds W Trail Ride at Mount Victoria on Sunday, October 29, 2006. Registration opens at 11:00 and riders go out from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Terrain is easy to moderate, with some small hills and small streams. Riders choose their own pace through woods and along cropland. Ride is approximately 12 miles, with option to return to trailers early for about a 7-mile route
I bet if they get on one of our horses that will be the last time they make that assumption. What cha think? :lmao: