Mueller to testify before Congress,,,,.....

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

What is going to say that hasn’t been already said?
The Dems are still beating this horse........

WASHINGTON — Robert S. Mueller III, the former special counsel, has agreed to testify in public before Congress next month about his investigation into Russia’s election interference and possible obstruction of justice by President Trump, House Democrats announced on Tuesday night.
Coming nearly three months after the release of Mr. Mueller’s report, two back-to-back hearings on July 17 before the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees promise to be among the most closely watched spectacles of Mr. Trump’s presidency. They have the power to potentially reshape the political landscape around his re-election campaign and a possible impeachment inquiry by the Democrat-controlled House.

transporter

He's going to state what is actually in the report.

That will be shocking news to all of those who haven't bothered to read the report.

Those who haven't read the report include the vast majority of the 35%....the Trump supporter...thosewho have to be told what to think or who simply can't read...those who think dailycaller. dailywire, brietbart townhall, redstate, etc actually report news!

This_person

Instead of not reading the report you guys are going to be doing a lot of :lalala:
He's going to state what is actually in the report.

That will be shocking news to all of those who haven't bothered to read the report.

Those who haven't read the report include the vast majority of the 35%....the Trump supporter...thosewho have to be told what to think or who simply can't read...those who think dailycaller. dailywire, brietbart townhall, redstate, etc actually report news!

I've read it. I find it shows that on the basic reason for the report (Russian interference in the election coordinated with Americans, especially the Trump campaign) a minimal amount of difference between 2016 and the past 50 years of Russian attempts at influencing our election process; that the Russians tried to sew the seeds of discord, but got pretty much no where, and no American (including the Trump campaign) did anything with them in any way - no coordinated effort of any kind.

I find it shows that the report's author chose to not find anything at all on Trump himself, stating that he couldn't charge him anyway so there was no point in finding anything; but, it noted that Congress could do something if they chose (because, apparently they didn't know that) and/or post-presidency an indictment could be brought. However, it did not recommend action to Congress or post-presidency indictment.

It gave a long list of things that people could nit-pick over and argue about, but regardless chose to do nothing about itself.

What did y'all think it found? It seems you think it might have actually found something, yet you can never quite put your hands on what that is.

Rommey

Why did he have to "agree" to testify? If Congress wanted him to testify, why wasn't a subpoena issued to make him testify?

My guess is that he will give "lawyer-type" answers and not vary much to what was already in the report. I doubt much more detail than what is already in the report will come out in his testimony which will prompt calls of more coverup/collusion. Mueller certainly isn't going to provide more information because his report was "everything" and how does he justify not putting something in it yet tell Congress?

If they were all over Barr for not releasing certain information in the report (or supporting documents) what makes it possible for Mueller to talk about that same information?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It’s amazing what low opinions you two and other liberal “geniuses” have of people who don’t confirm your world view.
It’s why the Dems are going to get there arses whipped in 2020. It’s the “let them eat cake” attitude.

Since I have read the report, please inform me what “ new” information I’m going to hear after two days of hearings with Mueller. It a fricking Democrat chit show. I’m sure Mueller will totally refute the report and state it is all lies and Trump “colluded” with the Russians and bribed witnesses.

This_person

Why did he have to "agree" to testify? If Congress wanted him to testify, why wasn't a subpoena issued to make him testify?
June 25, 2019

The Hon. Robert S. Mueller III

Special Counsel

U.S. Department of Justice

950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20530

Dear Special Counsel Mueller:

Attached please find subpoenas from the House Judiciary Committee and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence to compel your testimony on July 17, 2019. Over the course of discussions about your appearance before Congress, we have consistently communicated our Committees' intention to issue these subpoenas, if necessary, and we now understand it is necessary to do so.

We further understand that there are certain sensitivities associated with your open testimony. In particular, the Special Counsel's Office referred several criminal investigations to other offices at the Department of Justice, and certain matters are ongoing. Your office, moreover, admirably limited public comment while the Special Counsel's Office's work was ongoing. You have also explained that you prefer for the Special Counsel's Office's written work to speak for itself.

Nevertheless, the American public deserves to hear directly from you about your investigation and conclusions. We will work with you to address legitimate concerns about preserving the integrity of your work, but we expect that you will appear before our Committees as scheduled.

Sincerely,

Jerrold Nadler, Chairman, House Committee on the Judiciary

Adam Schiff, Chairman, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence

Hijinx

Nadler and Schiff.
This is what you get when you elect a Democrat majority to Congress.

Oh, and don't lets forget the woman voted most corrupt member in Congress who was once taken before the Ethics Committee for helping her husband's bank in her official capacity ,for being head of the House Financial Services Committee.

Chris0nllyn

I've read it... no coordinated effort of any kind.
...so there was no point in finding anything...

From the report:
The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.
The order appointing the Special Counsel authorized him to investigate "the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election," including any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.

FFS this is NOTHING New and I would hardly categorize what Russia did as SWEEPING

Communists / Stalinist's / Russia Oligarchs Today has been ****ing around in American Politics since the 1920's with the rise if the US Communist Party

1 billion combined spending Democrat / Republican Party
PACS
Super PACS
'advocacy ads for the candidate'

vs

12 Trolls From the Internet Research Agency
2 Million Dollar GRU Budget

and these Facebook ads reported by the New York Times and CONGRESS .... which are largely for BOTH Sides and issue ads to stir truoble

The order appointing the Special Counsel authorized him to investigate "the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election," including any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign.

What you quoted does not refute what TP said ......

I've read it... no coordinated effort of any kind.
...so there was no point in finding anything...

It is my impression TP was referring to Trump - Russia Coordination which you did not answer, and which Mueller found no evidence therein

herb749

Nadler and Schiff.
This is what you get when you elect a Democrat majority to Congress.

Oh, and don't lets forget the woman voted most corrupt member in Congress who was once taken before the Ethics Committee for helping her husband's bank in her official capacity ,for being head of the House Financial Services Committee.

They should subpoena Schiff to get him to hand over all that collusion info he said he has.