mutt pony?

MorganLover

you know that should be a breed all unto itself, Hi there, I like your horse what is it....... oh its a stubborn and lazy thanks!:doh:

Ellie's mom that is too funny. heheheh on this yucky rainy day it is fun to have a laugh lol.

Hmmm i have a morgan and i can say from the frist photo i wouldn't say morgan only b/c his chin and lips and that area do more of a standardbred type thing if that makes any sense at all haha, probably not. my morgan mare is VERY thick and not on the small side i haven't measured her but i think she is around 15.2 something like that. She has HUGE feet, huge bone structure and a HUGE head. there are the more refined looking in the breed but my old girl is the old school typey morgan. (she is on 31 now so her adoption papers would have her now.) I also not sure you could pin the lazy, tempermental to a morgan but more the "pony" in him. I have meet more ponies that are that way then a morgan so i don't think you can breed catorgorize him that way lol. why don't you call him this, my QH/Morgan/what ever what ever cross small horse? i am not sure about pony sizes but he to me seems more the size of a small horse then a large pony and he doens't "look" like a pony. i would never have said he looks like a pony at all in those photos. can you trace his history back to who breed him? i know most people can't but it might help you if you can. but like you said you love him for him not what he was breed from right. :lmao: i think i just commented on him and his dark color on the santa pony thread. her really is a looker and i love the lighter around his mouth that is just breath taking to me.

IntegritysDream

haha well i tired traceing him back, but the ppl i got him from didnt know too much about him, and she said she could remember who she bought him from so that ended there. The lady i got him from had 30 something horses, but i really wouldnt be surprised if she had got him from a auction or something because like i said she didnt know too much about him. Before he sat however, he was a 6k pony from VA when he was young. Hes 14.2, so pretty much a small horse, but he looks bigger.. his withers are a little small.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
haha well i tired traceing him back, but the ppl i got him from didnt know too much about him, and she said she could remember who she bought him from so that ended there. The lady i got him from had 30 something horses, but i really wouldnt be surprised if she had got him from a auction or something because like i said she didnt know too much about him. Before he sat however, he was a 6k pony from VA when he was young. Hes 14.2, so pretty much a small horse, but he looks bigger.. his withers are a little small.

In the hunter ring if he is 14'2 or under he is a pony. You don't want him to be 14'2 1/2 that will make him a Hony!:lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
i know that, but he really measures 14.2 and a half or inbetween 14.2-14.2 and a half depending on his day.

:doh:Trust Sadie you want him to be 14.2 or under. He will make the pony strides much easier then the horse strides when jumping courses. If you show any of the local circuits he will need to be measured anyway unless you get a permanent measuring card at a Rated show. Then all you'd have to do would be to show your card when showing in the future.

Amy

I would try to get him a permanent card. I went thru the same thing when I was a kid showing. And sometimes the people measuring at the local shows purposely wanted him to be over 14.2 Once I got that card that showed he was not over, they could not say a thing about it.

IntegritysDream

Yeah i am going to do that if i start doing shows where they stick him or something, right now we just do local shows and a few VA shows, but nothing rated or anything.

IntegritysDream

:doh:Trust Sadie you want him to be 14.2 or under. He will make the pony strides much easier then the horse strides when jumping courses. If you show any of the local circuits he will need to be measured anyway unless you get a permanent measuring card at a Rated show. Then all you'd have to do would be to show your card when showing in the future.

At the local shows we do; i just just say hes 14.2 =) the few shows i go to, which are 2 places in VA and then some local ones, theyve never sticked him.

fredsaid2

Look at going to MSA next year. Since they have C rated classes they should have a steward to measure him for you. You'd need to enter but woudn't have to show if you didn't want to. I think they've instituted a measurement card for their schooling show section too. Since he may be a little tall you'll want to practice w/ him with a measurement stick so he'll be relaxed when it's the real thing. The pony divisions get very competitive where rules are concerned no matter what the level. Crossing fingers he comes in at 14.2!