muzzleloader shop

jenni4

Yay me!
On my way to LaPlata from Greatmills a few days ago.... I briefly saw a Muzzleloader shop. I think its on 6, between 5 and 301 ....or it could be on 5.... but I'm pretty sure its on 6.
I need some Muzzloader goodies that Wally world doesn't carry and was trying to find a more approximate location and hours and if the place is still in business. Its called the muzzleloader store or something like that. Anyone know what store I'm talking about? I can't seem to find it in the yellowpages or google. I'd hate to drive all the way out there to discover its closed.

Oh and does anyone know what the hours are to that little tackle and ammo shop in Lex park off 3 notch.... Tackle box?

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

On my way to LaPlata from Greatmills a few days ago.... I briefly saw a Muzzleloader shop. I think its on 6, between 5 and 301 ....or it could be on 5.... but I'm pretty sure its on 6.
I need some Muzzloader goodies that Wally world doesn't carry and was trying to find a more approximate location and hours and if the place is still in business. Its called the muzzleloader store or something like that. Anyone know what store I'm talking about? I can't seem to find it in the yellowpages or google. I'd hate to drive all the way out there to discover its closed.

Oh and does anyone know what the hours are to that little tackle and ammo shop in Lex park off 3 notch.... Tackle box?

Tackle Box is way over priced, but sometimes can be ok. We think they open at 8:00 a.m.

D's Outdoors in Callaway also sells Muzzleloader stuff, think 10-6. Good Luck!

:howdy:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Was it "The Powder Smith"? If so it's either at or right around Rt.6 at Penns Hill Rd. (301) 392-3081

Was it "The Powder Smith"? If so it's either at or right around Rt.6 at Penns Hill Rd. (301) 392-3081

Not sure the name of the shop, but it is on top of Cooksey's Store, at the corner of Rt. 6 and Wheatley Road (across from Penns Hill Road)

Dick's Sporting Goods in Waldorf has a decent assortment of stuff...

Fred's Sporting Goods in Waldorf used to carry a good selection, don't know if they still do.

They still do, but are pricey. If I need a part or gizmo for my BP I cannot find at Dick's Sporting Goods, I end up going to Fred's or order it online if i am not in a rush. I do know Power Belts are pricey at Fred's.

SoMdmMusician

Yes, it is called The Powder Smith, the guy who owns the joint is named Larry Dean, he's outrageous on his prices for everything and it's more of a hobby business than a living income for him. Most of the time you can not get him on the phone and when you do, he would rather you meet him at his house instead of him driving up to the store.

If you're lucky enough to be able to contact him, then that's a big plus. Personally I would shop online for my stuff, it's cheaper and you can find whatever you're looking for. I most of the time use MidwayUSA.com I've ordered a ton of black powder stuff from them over the years, since that's about all I own, and their prices are really good and they always have what I am looking for in stock and shipping is super quick.

But anyway, my gun is already loaded and just waiting the first signs of shooting light tomorrow morning, good luck to you and if you have any serious black powder questions and want serious answers, give me a shout.

Remember, tree rats don't break sticks, so, keep a sharp ear out tomorrow.

BANG-POW!

SoMdMusician