MVA question.

K

Katie

I have misplaced my dl and can't find it anywhere right now.

Does Maryland give a copy of the liscence or do I need to renew mine. My liscence is up for renewal in 2004 anyhow.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Katie
I have misplaced my dl and can't find it anywhere right now.

Does Maryland give a copy of the liscence or do I need to renew mine. My liscence is up for renewal in 2004 anyhow.
Go and get a new one, but you need to have some form of ID. Like a birth certificate.

K

Katie

Re: Re: MVA question.

Originally posted by DoWhat
Go and get a new one, but you need to have some form of ID. Like a birth certificate.

Yeah now I just need to go get my new eyeglass perscription filled. :biggrin:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: MVA question.

Originally posted by Katie
Yeah now I just need to go get my new eyeglass perscription filled. :biggrin:
Do you need somebody to drive you?

K

Katie

Nope all set...been there and back. But let me tell you I was more consicus of my driving and not blowing through red lights. Tomorrow am I am going to the MVA.

K

Kizzy

Maryland will charge you for a replacement AND it will still be up for renewal in 2004. :burning: I had to go thru the same hassle about 6 years ago. They always **** you at the drive thru and they always **** you at the DMV.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Bertha Venation
:lmao: remembering Joe Pesci in "Lethal Weapon 2" . . .

Yep, Leo Getz. What Leo wants Leo Getz.

I'll NEVER forget that characters name, because I have a relative with the same name.

P

pigpen

Glad I've got out of state license and tags. Instead of paying $300 for inspections, I just send $20 home and I'm covered:biggrin:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by pigpen
Glad I've got out of state license and tags. Instead of paying $300 for inspections, I just send $20 home and I'm covered:biggrin:
Welcome to the double-wide world of flouting state law. Not everyone agrees w/ such laws, but as citizens are we not responsible to obey them?

From the MVA's FAQ:

As a new resident of Maryland how long do I have to register my vehicle?

As a new resident of Maryland you must register your vehicle within 60 days of moving to Maryland. If you delay beyond 60 days, you will not be eligible for a tax credit for any titling tax paid in another state, and you may be subject to a citation for an out of state registration. You'll need to present your title certificate at one of the MVA's full service offices.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Welcome to the double-wide world of flouting state law. Not everyone agrees w/ such laws, but as citizens are we not responsible to obey them?

From the MVA's FAQ:

As a new resident of Maryland how long do I have to register my vehicle?

As a new resident of Maryland you must register your vehicle within 60 days of moving to Maryland. If you delay beyond 60 days, you will not be eligible for a tax credit for any titling tax paid in another state, and you may be subject to a citation for an out of state registration. You'll need to present your title certificate at one of the MVA's full service offices.
As long as he returns to his "home of record" for at least thirty days a year and maintains a residence there then it is okay. Or he could be in the military and doesn't have to switch to Maryland.

Ponytail

Originally posted by pigpen

:ohwell: costs me $100, but it's worth it! :biggrin:

P

pigpen

Yup, military and don't have to switch. Almost had the wife's car registered here, but couldn't see paying all that money when I could get it done cheaper.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Ken King
As long as he returns to his "home of record" for at least thirty days a year and maintains a residence there then it is okay. Or he could be in the military and doesn't have to switch to Maryland.

Let me ask this. There was a law enacted maybe 10 years ago that if you kept a vehicle in MD on a regular basis (as defined by the law) You had to have a special sticker-type permit. I remember this b/c I was living in a college town at the time and all the out of state students were pizzed b/c it affected them. My question is, does this law still exist and if so, does it apply to military?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
I have a question too!

Still have my MD DL, but don't have my married name on it. What documentation will I need to get a new one and how much will it cost? Will a military ID suffice?

P

pigpen

As far as I know there isn't any law requiring me to have a special sticker for my vehicles. I think because of being military I'm exempt, as long as registration and everything is current.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by ememdee19
Will a military ID suffice?

No, you need the marriage license

Edit that. . .aren't you in Nebraska or something? Shouldn't you get a Nebraska license? Or are you military and keeping your MD residence status?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by cmcdanal
No, you need the marriage license

Edit that. . .aren't you in Nebraska or something? Shouldn't you get a Nebraska license? Or are you military and keeping your MD residence status?

Military and keeping MD status.