My bad news...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
So many of you know I sold my Jose' a 19 yr old reg paso to Maine to be a teens trail horse...Jose' was a wonderful trail horse I put many miles on him..I sold him rather cheap but in todays economy I felt $1000 would keep him safe. Well long story short I wrote her for a month and she never wrote me back..then I got a letter stating he was uncontrolable, reared, bucked and was dangerous. She said he was going the next day to a dealer to be shipped to Canada slaughter. I paniced and tried to figure out how to get him. I wrote her a few more times. Nothing. Not answering cell, texts or emails. Then a week later she finally sent me a message he was shipped off..I have been so upset I can not talk about this at all...This pic was taken 2 or 3 days before she picked him up.

http://appyday.com/images/Paso Finos/Jose/Sept 23 2010 004.jpg

Last edited:

PrepH4U

So many of you know I sold my Jose' a 19 yr old reg paso to Maine to be a teens trail horse...Jose' was a wonderful trail horse I put many miles on him..I sold him rather cheap but in todays economy I felt $1000 would keep him safe. Well long story short I wrote her for a month and she never wrote me back..then I got a letter stating he was uncontrolable, reared, bucked and was dangerous. She said he was going the next day to a dealer to be shipped to Canada slaughter. I paniced and tried to figure out how to get him. I wrote her a few more times. Nothing. Not answering cell, texts or emails. Then a week later she finally sent me a message he was shipped off..I have been so upset I can not talk about this at all...This pic was taken 2 or 3 days before she picked him up. http://appyday.com/images/Paso%20Finos/Jose/Sept%2023%202010%20004.jpg

:huggy: That really sucks!

C

campinmutt

I remember him at our 4h trail ride...Jose rocked !

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
OMG... :bawl: That is so sad

:huggy: Im so sorry paso. That is exactly why any horse I sell has a "first right of refusal" clause in my sale contract.

I am terribly sorry.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
OMG... :bawl: That is so sad

:huggy: Im so sorry paso. That is exactly why any horse I sell has a "first right of refusal" clause in my sale contract.

I am terribly sorry.

I had first right of refusal...they waited more then a month..they gave me less then 24 hours notice to get to Maine and get him...they would not sell him to me even for the price the dealer gave them...odd just very odd..especially the lack of communication. I would have got him back if she would have just worked with me..even just called or talked...I will post the letter

TurboK9

That sucks.

If you had first right of refusal, can you go after them for breach of contract? May seem superficial at this point, but it seems they went out of the way to avoid honoring it... :shrug:

Cowgirl

Paso, did you send his reg. papers with him? If so, you may be able to contact the breed society and tell them what happened. Maybe the lady was lying and she actually sold him to another home. Maybe the breed society could contact his new owners? It might be worth a shot...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Paso, did you send his reg. papers with him? If so, you may be able to contact the breed society and tell them what happened. Maybe the lady was lying and she actually sold him to another home. Maybe the breed society could contact his new owners? It might be worth a shot...

Yep they paid cash so I gave them his papers..I am going to call the PFHA and ask them...I would have let her sell him to a good home that is all I wanted for him not to go to the killers..I could not come up with $1000 cash and gas to go to Maine in 24 hours..I had asked her for the month or 5 weeks how he was doing..then nothing..no reply at all ..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hi,

Hope this email finds you well. We, and Jose, are all fine. I regret to inform however that Jose is not working out. After numerous attempts to ride him, with and without the help of experienced Paso Fino owners, Jose continues to buck, rear and bolt with his riders. His obnoxious head throwing and rearing are just too much to correct. I had hoped he was a 19 year old uncomplicated gelding for my young daughter. I do not feel safe with this animal and would not in good conscious sell him to another person without informing them of what we have encountered with him.

In today's market perfectly sound, sane and safe horses are for sale everywhere. There is no market for a 19 year old gelding with terrible vices. Unfortunately, I will be selling him to a local horse dealership whom will only hold onto him for a short time before he goes to Canada.

Thanks,

Many people on this forum know this horse...this is not this horse!

C

campinmutt

do you know where in maine? you could try to track down the dealer. he may have thought he could get more money for him as a paso then to slaughter...worth a shot huh?