My Callaway Great Big Bertha...

Nupe2

...died a noble death today! I played 9 at Wicomico Shores and as I teed off on 5 a wonderful shot went straight down the fairway. Unfortunately it was the head of my driver! :lol: I never did find the ball! I've been looking for an excuse to buy a Ping G2 so I guess I have it now. Anybody else have any other suggested drivers? I know, every golfer does. At any rate if you see me shopping in Waldorf with the head of my driver in my hand get out of the way, I'm on a mission from God! :lol:

p.s. I shot a 46 (not bad considering I haven't played in about 6 weeks...and I got in nine in a little over an hour)

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:
...died a noble death today! I played 9 at Wicomico Shores and as I teed off on 5 a wonderful shot went straight down the fairway. Unfortunately it was the head of my driver! :lol: I never did find the ball! I've been looking for an excuse to buy a Ping G2 so I guess I have it now. Anybody else have any other suggested drivers? I know, every golfer does. At any rate if you see me shopping in Waldorf with the head of my driver in my hand get out of the way, I'm on a mission from God! :lol:

p.s. I shot a 46 (not bad considering I haven't played in about 6 weeks...and I got in nine in a little over an hour)
What do you think about the King Cobra? I spanked......uh I mean I played with Otter and Airgasm a couple weekends ago and shot a 89, 47 on the front and a 42 on the back.

Nupe2

Pete said:
What do you think about the King Cobra? I spanked......uh I mean I played with Otter and Airgasm a couple weekends ago and shot a 89, 47 on the front and a 42 on the back.

Spanked, eh? I can't wait to hear what Otter and Airgasm have to say. :lol:

I looked at the King Cobra a while ago and I have Cobra irons that I love so we'll see. By the way, I work from home on Tuesdays and thought I'd take a shot at a quick nine at lunch time. I had the course to myself...loved it!

Otter, Airgasm, what say you? :whistle:

Nupe2

Kizzy said:
Nupe,

Did you ever find anyone to play with you today?

Nope. I decided to start working a little early and get out on the course at lunch. It worked perfectly, played fairly well and had the course to myself. The club dying was a bonus (perfect reason to drop some coin on a new driver).

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:
Spanked, eh? I can't wait to hear what Otter and Airgasm have to say. :lol:

I looked at the King Cobra a while ago and I have Cobra irons that I love so we'll see. By the way, I work from home on Tuesdays and thought I'd take a shot at a quick nine at lunch time. I had the course to myself...loved it!

I have Cobra Irons too and love them. I am having a hard time justifying $350 for a Cobra driver when my Orbiter works just fine.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Nupe2 said:
Spanked, eh? I can't wait to hear what Otter and Airgasm have to say. :lol: .....

Spanked?? Well, a loss by 1 or 20 is a spanking as far as I'm concerned. Last time I played Wicomico was over 10 yrs ago and it was in worse shape that Chesapeake, plus the Pro was a real azz. No one was on the course or waiting and he didn't want to let us play as a threesome. :lmao: Never been and won't ever be back.

Nupe2 said:
Ummm... you may have no problem understand Otter when he talks golf, but as for Air... I've had to resort to this site http://www.golfinity.com/funandgames/golfslang.asp?navid=10&let=f to understand him.

Some examples:
Fan - To miss the ball completely. The air moves, but nothing else does.

Flub - A terrible shot. Putt, chip, pitch, drive—it doesn't matter. If you hit it bad, you flubbed it, buddy.

S-word - Ssssssh! This is a very bad word in golf. A shank is a shot that flies ninety degrees to the right after the ball has been struck with the club's hosel. So devastating is this afflication that if you get the shanks, the best thing to do is leave the course immediately and seek professional help—from your bartender.

Watery Grave - Where your disobedient golf balls go every time you try to carry a water hazard.

Whiff - When you swing at the ball and miss.

Yips - A nervous disorder that afflicts golfers on the green. An inability to take the putter back, coupled by twitchy hands and the complete absence of nerve, constitutes a case of the yips. No golfer has ever permanently conquered this condition.

Hope it helps...:yay:

Nupe2

Pete said:
I have Cobra Irons too and love them. I am having a hard time justifying $350 for a Cobra driver when my Orbiter works just fine.

I'm going to try to catch the Ping on sale or check out others that are. I can't do the math at this point either, even if it means waiting until next year to get what I want.

Pete

Repete
Elephant's ass A poorly struck shot that is "high and stinky." Usually applied to a popped-up drive that is higher than it is long. An elephant's ass might also prompt a comment such as, "Except for distance and direction, that was a good shot."

:killingme

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
otter said:
Spanked?? Well, a loss by 1 or 20 is a spanking as far as I'm concerned. Last time I played Wicomico was over 10 yrs ago and it was in worse shape that Chesapeake, plus the Pro was a real azz. No one was on the course or waiting and he didn't want to let us play as a threesome. :lmao: Never been and won't ever be back.
:yay: I don't have to worry about you guys dropping by for a pee break then.
:whew: