My first turkey!

lifestyle-250.jpg
Where's that hat? :shrug:

homedepot20

I do not know, How about you cook two (one each way) and invite me for dinner and we can do a taste test :popcorn:

Actually I do have 2 turkeys . I'm going to cook one Thursday with the bag and one next week I'm going to try out that cheesecloth . Have always done a stuffed ham:yahoo: with cheesecloth . As for the dinner invite , Mrs might not approve !:whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The best tip on roasting a turkey I learned from Emeril Lagasse: roast the bird breast side down for the first hour then flip and cook as usual. The breast meat stays moist and flavorful. You can also tent the breast area with aluminum foil while roasting for approximately the same effect. :yay: And DON'T baste the turkey in the last hour of cooking. This allows the skin to crisp up nicely. :yum:

Holidays : Holiday Season | emerils.com

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Turkey

They can seem scary but they're not.

My first was a traditional roasted/basted.

Second was this:

Brown Bag Turkey | Real Mom Kitchen

I then did the Emeril brined turkey.

They were all good.

Best yet is I no longer do Thanksgiving. I go to my sister's home and three different people make turkeys (all men...I think they are in competition...:lol: Deep fried, smoked, etc)

I have been stuck with the mashed 'taters for years.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:cheers:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
They can seem scary but they're not.

My first was a traditional roasted/basted.

Second was this:

Brown Bag Turkey | Real Mom Kitchen

I then did the Emeril brined turkey.

They were all good.

Best yet is I no longer do Thanksgiving. I go to my sister's home and three different people make turkeys (all men...I think they are in competition...:lol: Deep fried, smoked, etc)

I have been stuck with the LUMPY mashed 'taters for years.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:cheers:
So we heard.... :biggrin:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
well....

The bird was super juicey! Didnt do nothing fancy it was prefect!.....all the rest of the trimings were great too.....now with that said....never again will i do a turkey! Lol :killingme

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The bird was super juicey! Didnt do nothing fancy it was prefect!.....all the rest of the trimings were great too.....now with that said....never again will i do a turkey! Lol :killingme

I know it's late, but this woman has the right idea.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Yeah well I'm makin mashed taters for our family dinner & they aint gonna have lumps. They gonna be smoooooooth & creamy! :hot:

Probably had the texture of Elmer's Glue. :lmao:

My lumpy 'taters had no leftovers.

Thanks to the one who suggested cream cheese with chives.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Probably had the texture of Elmer's Glue. :lmao:

My lumpy 'taters had no leftovers.

Thanks to the one who suggested cream cheese with chives.
OK you win! I concede to your greatness. Mine had lumps too. Impossible to get all the lumps out. :notworthy :love: