My husband

B

Bronwyn

So, I wake up from my nap and my husband has a pot on the stove with boiling water. Dinner? No.... he's skinning a cow tongue that he will boil for three hours. No way am I having any part of that! But as I sit here on the computer... all these "you might be a red neck" one liners are floating through my mind. :lmao:

B

Bronwyn

nope... for some reason boiling cow tongue just doesn't put me in that frame of mine!

B

Bronwyn

Ok. I have to ask: Is he seasoning it? Is he gonna use ketchup or steak sauce on it?

Just salt and pepper....

OK, now he's watching Larry the Cable guy on TV, while he waits for the tongue to cook.... what next?

Micki

It's actually delicious if you can forget what it is. My family had it all the time when I was a kid.

I can't get past the thought of what it is, so I haven't eaten it in about 30 years.

It is a specialty in Europe for Christmas dinner - never tried it!!! It just grossed me out!!!!

B

Bronwyn

At least he is IN the house and not sitting on the old living room furniture outside. :shrug:

http://gimmecorn.com/images/cow_1024.jpg :biggrin:

Couldn't see the pic. But I'm guessing what it woulda showed... no hubby is sitting in his favorite arms chiar and over his shoulder hanging on the wall is a mounted deer head... the smell of tongue wafting through the air in the house. Laughing hysterically at Larry the cable guy, wearing his Dale hat... :lmao:

G

Gemmi

Couldn't see the pic. But I'm guessing what it woulda showed... no hubby is sitting in his favorite arms chiar and over his shoulder hanging on the wall is a mounted deer head... the smell of tongue wafting through the air in the house. Laughing hysterically at Larry the cable guy, wearing his Dale hat... :lmao:

Copy and paste the link to your browser.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who eats a freakin' cow tongue???

Who wants dinner that can talk back to you???

Bronwyn, DO SOMETHING about this! If Larry Gude ever tried to cook some cow tongue, I would be off with the cabana boy faster than you could say Jack Robinson.

B

Bronwyn

Who eats a freakin' cow tongue???

Who wants dinner that can talk back to you???

Bronwyn, DO SOMETHING about this! If Larry Gude ever tried to cook some cow tongue, I would be off with the cabana boy faster than you could say Jack Robinson.

He's been eating crap like that since I met him, what can I say? I married a redneck from FREDNECK county! :lmao: