My kid wants to sell crabs

wollybugger

My 15yr old kid has a 15' boat that we run a trot line and sell crabs to the neighbors.

Does anybody know if this is possible and if so, what's license requirments?

Thanks!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
My 15yr old kid has a 15' boat that we run a trot line and sell crabs to the neighbors.

Does anybody know if this is possible and if so, what's license requirments?

Thanks!

They cannot catch enough crabs in 10 years to pay for the license fee, boat fees, shellfish handling fees, etc., etc.,

Teach them to cut grass or get a job with government.

Welcome to O'Mallyland, whats in your wallet.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They cannot catch enough crabs in 10 years to pay for the license fee, boat fees, shellfish handling fees, etc., etc.,

Anybody catching anything decent down your way? I'm thinking about putting my pots over this weekend to see what's up in my neck of the woods.

dt5255

he might be able to get a recreational crabbing license that allows him to catch 1 bushel per day(may be 2 not sure about rec, lic.) but technically he is not allowed to sell them, it is for personal use only. Another way is to find someone who wants to sell their license, which could cost some big bucks. Or if you know someone that has a commercial license that they are not using you might be able to get them to sign it over to him for the summer, but them you have to fill out all the reports every month. DNR is not issueing any new commercial crabbing licenses at this present time. My husband is a commercial waterman, got this info from him

Sparx

What did O'malley have to do with any of those fees or regulations?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

FYI - He's the governor

This is a good opportunity to teach your son some American History. What did our founding fathers do when faced with oppressive taxation and regulations?

Last edited:

wollybugger

Hey thanks for the responses ... Huck Fin is better to learn law these days ... anybody that runs a boat that needs a kid that would rather be on the water than playing xbox ... let me know

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Just followed the Democratic Party line,,,,,,, then what did he do to make it better???

Just raised fees and licensing costs for everyone wihout doing anything to help the Bay.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hey thanks for the responses ... Huck Fin is better to learn law these days ... anybody that runs a boat that needs a kid that would rather be on the water than playing xbox ... let me know

Call some of the Charter boat operators and see if they need mates. A good day catching and some "wallet lube" = pretty good money.