My neighbor went missing this weekend.

Pushrod

Patriot
(This is what I have heard through the grapevine): She left her three kids with a baby sitter and was suppose to be home by 9pm Saturday. Babysitter becomes concerned after a few hours overdue and calls the Calvert Sheriff's office. The husband was out of town working in Richmond and came home yesterday after the cops contacted him. The police were at the house all day yesterday (I presume) looking for clues to what may have happened. This is a fairly young women who dolted on her children.
The children were staying with relatives, but may be with the father now.
Hope everything turns out okay, but it doesn't sound good.
I haven't seen anything in the news yet, has anyone else?

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Oh wow... thats really terrifying. No, it doesnt sound good. Do you know what she was driving or something? Maybe we could all keep a lookout if we happened to see it parked somewhere we could call the cops?

I hope everything turns out okay, I'll say some prayers that she returns safetly. :bawl:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pushrod;4329392 This is a fairly young women who dolted on her children. I haven't seen anything in the news yet said:
They probably won't say anything for awhile because she's an adult. What is it, 72 hours I think, before they make an announcement.

BernieP

Resident PIA
not to detract from the story, but how does one 'Go Missing".
My neighbor disappearred, my neighbor is missing. But you can't go missing.

My instincts tell me this is not gong to end well, at least not for the children.
I would expect that LE has checked all the usual spots and credit cards etc. If they haven't turned up something by now, it's not a good sign.
My thoughts and prayers go out to her children as well as the rest of her family.

mgdbaa

(This is what I have heard through the grapevine): She left her three kids with a baby sitter and was suppose to be home by 9pm Saturday. Babysitter becomes concerned after a few hours overdue and calls the Calvert Sheriff's office. The husband was out of town working in Richmond and came home yesterday after the cops contacted him. The police were at the house all day yesterday (I presume) looking for clues to what may have happened. This is a fairly young women who dolted on her children.
The children were staying with relatives, but may be with the father now.
Hope everything turns out okay, but it doesn't sound good.
I haven't seen anything in the news yet, has anyone else?

Sounds o to familiar to me. I my self was left with a babysitter when I was toddler. 30 years later, still no mother to claim me. Of course, I am sure the babysitter in this case called the police right away unlike my babysitter. She kept me for about a week and passed me off to another family. Then St. Marys courts system gave that family custody of me without even researching as to what happened to my real mother.

I pray the mother is found. I have spent decades wondering what happened to my mother and why didn't anyone try to find out. I hope this case isn't in St. Marys.

Mabus

Free Rent
OP says the babysitter called Calvert County Sheriff....

mgdbaa if your mother came back to you today....what would you have to say to her?

FED_UP

I recognize her face from around town in Lexington park, missing is not good. I hope she is OK. But OP is hinting Calvert County not St Mary's. Probably the same person I guess.

Pushrod

Patriot
Nope, that is not her. The latest gossip I received from another neighbor is that she was located and that there are family issues going on. No one has been back to the house since the police and husband were there on Sunday. If she took off and left the kids like that... I just don't know what to say.