My new favorite sammich

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
On a whim..I put some rather hot local stuffed ham on an Eyetalian bun with a generous slathering of Central Grocery (New Orleans) olive salad.

To die for.

ham and olives.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I hate our local mail service. Yet another invitation did I fail to receive.

Is there some rare Greek olive oil in there somewhere?

your fondue pot reminds me of a favorite story. A favorite because it involves two people I didn't like.

Ex-wife #1 had horses doovers spread out on a table for a family get together...looked a lot like yours, in fact. In the middle, she put a little candle-heated poutpouri pot to add some ambience..some aroma. Poutpouri..buncha herbs and grass stuff supposed to smell good boiling in a little pot like that. I'll always remember walking in the room just as my step-father doled out a big dollop of the poutpouri with a cracker and stuffed it in his mouth. the look on his face....

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I hate our local mail service. Yet another invitation did I fail to receive.

Is there some rare Greek olive oil in there somewhere?
Oops, not my house, I didn't issue the invites.

That bowl all the way at the top. There, THERE is the rare Greek olive oil. Pickled Shrimp, yummo.

Which reminds me, we got to get together so I can siphon off another quart.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oops, not my house, I didn't issue the invites.

That bowl all the way at the top. There, THERE is the rare Greek olive oil. Pickled Shrimp, yummo.

Which reminds me, we got to get together so I can siphon off another quart.
I'm on travel this week and out at our other island next weekend. Hopefully your supply won't run out until I'm back in the shop.

Clem72

On a whim..I put some rather hot local stuffed ham on an Eyetalian bun with a generous slathering of Central Grocery (New Orleans) olive salad.

To die for.

View attachment 169849
I think I ate something like this in a nightmare once. Though quite honestly I respect your ability to eat/enjoy it. I would have to chase it with a bottle of pepto.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think I ate something like this in a nightmare once. Though quite honestly I respect your ability to eat/enjoy it. I would have to chase it with a bottle of pepto.
It's one of the most flavorful sandwiches I've ever had. I keep a stock of Central Grocery's olive salad on hand because I make mufallettas. I've always like stuffed ham sandwiches. Just never occurred to me before now to try and combine the two.