My new Fillies

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Whats going on with the buckskin paso mare??

Nothing yet. Waiting to see if the lady buys my POA (fingers are crossed), then will commit, since i really need to get the POA out of here before i add another. She's close to making a decision on the POA, I think. She's been calling around for info on her and me, :lol:

With that said, the Paso's owner says she's a consistent trotter, but can be pushed back into the gait if really pushed, and worked at it. She said she preferred to keep her calm and quiet, so she let her be trotty. How big a deal is that?

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl I will do that but it will be another year...Here is a pic of her and her & my lil paint pony.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
happyappygirl said:
Nothing yet. Waiting to see if the lady buys my POA (fingers are crossed), then will commit, since i really need to get the POA out of here before i add another. She's close to making a decision on the POA, I think. She's been calling around for info on her and me, :lol:

With that said, the Paso's owner says she's a consistent trotter, but can be pushed back into the gait if really pushed, and worked at it. She said she preferred to keep her calm and quiet, so she let her be trotty. How big a deal is that?
If you are going to just do the trails who cares if she trots or gaits. In fact if you lil'one wants to show locally it would probably be better if she trots as many judges don't know what to do with a gaited critter in the middle of the crowd. If you are looking for temperment, soundness or suitablity as a confindence builder I wouldn't let that stand in the way. It may even be possible to have lil'one work with her to get her to gait properly. Hope that lady makes up her mind on your POA :whistle: Don't cha hate waiting!!

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:

Are you talking about me or is someone elso also interested in the POA? :howdy: I haven't been calling around for info on either you or her but we would like to see her, if possible. :flowers: Unfortunately, we, too, have to make room at the stables or, as sweet as I am, my better half might have some objection to yet another horse moving in. :duel: :lmao:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
Are you talking about me or is someone elso also interested in the POA? :howdy: I haven't been calling around for info on either you or her but we would like to see her, if possible. :flowers: Unfortunately, we, too, have to make room at the stables or, as sweet as I am, my better half might have some objection to yet another horse moving in. :duel: :lmao:

I keep telling you, get a REAL horse (instead of one them wussy horses)

go here http://www.gentlegiantsdrafthorserescue.com/about.html scroll down to the bottom and look at Maxwell (13 hand halflinger, but looks like a miniature Tonk)

W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
I keep telling you, get a REAL horse (instead of one them wussy horses)

go here http://www.gentlegiantsdrafthorserescue.com/about.html scroll down to the bottom and look at Maxwell (13 hand halflinger, but looks like a miniature Tonk)

Oh my gosh, that is the most beautiful horse in the world. :yahoo: Unfortunately, after the stalker incident this past fall with the prior owner of an adopted horse, we made a vow never to adopt again! :ohwell:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
Oh my gosh, that is the most beautiful horse in the world. :yahoo: Unfortunately, after the stalker incident this past fall with the prior owner of an adopted horse, we made a vow never to adopt again! :ohwell:

Holycrud no way.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
WildHorses said:
Sorry...it's someone else, we've been going back and forth since before Xmas on her. She wants her, but is saying she's got a price of 750 shipping :shocking: so it may not fly...darn it. her daughter wants to show her and this little mare would do very well in halter and would be a blast in games/barrels I think.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
GOOD LORD MY "adoption fees" are close to that! WHEW!!
I have some "for adoption" too...
If i pay 1K or 1500$ for a horse, I figure i've bought it and it's MINE.
These opinions are those of the typist...not intended to be attributed to any other source....

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm confused....a rescue "adopting" a horse out as a broodmare? :confused:

"Lily" 10 year old 18+ Hand Belgian Mare
"Lily" needs to be adopted as a broodmare. She took a severe kick to the right front knee on her first day here, and is currently not sound for riding. This broke my heart, I wanted to event her! Very healthy, and built to throw big sport horse foals! Sweet ground manners and very easy keeper. Adoption fee of $600 to approved home.
CLICK for the page of origin for this quote

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
Sorry...it's someone else, we've been going back and forth since before Xmas on her. She wants her, but is saying she's got a price of 750 shipping :shocking: so it may not fly...darn it. her daughter wants to show her and this little mare would do very well in halter and would be a blast in games/barrels I think.

Okay, just keep us posted. :howdy: We're still looking. :flowers: Fredsaid2 sent us a great website, but I was hoping to keep the farm after buying a new horse. :lmao:

fredsaid2

WildHorses said:
Okay, just keep us posted. :howdy: We're still looking. :flowers: Fredsaid2 sent us a great website, but I was hoping to keep the farm after buying a new horse. :lmao:

But they're all so frigging cute, how can you resist!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
You can't resist :lmao: That's why most of us are horse poor. :nomoney: But we have the best therapy from it all :buddies: