"My take:..."

UNA

I have given without expecting anything in return. I have given my coat to someone in need. I have never had anyone steal my wallet; I'm rather opposing. I did have someone steal my sleeping bag. I did not hunt them down and trounce them but could have.

"Caught" back? I assume that was a typo and you meant fought back. Of course I have. Does not mean I should have.

I am not perfect. I am striving to be conformed to the Spirit of Christ in me. The more I yield to the Holy Spirit the less of me gets in the way of doing things God's way.

Not accusing, just wondering if you take all that literally? Would you press charges against the guy who hypothetically stole your wallet? Does that verse mean you shouldn't? What about self defense? Does a literal interpretation of the Bible prohibit that? (as in 'turn the other cheek'?)

UNA

Theistic Evolution was a liberal comprise that crept into the church, men wanting to be relevant during modernism allowed it. Anytime this is embraced, Bios Logos is a perfect example, you wind up outside of Orthodox Christianity.
It started with Charles Darwin whose theology went bad, and was bought into by the scientific community, because by embracing Naturalism another religion, to replace Christianity, if there is no God, and everything is a result of the natural world then, you don’t need to submit to a creator. Man becomes sovereign and God is replaced.

Those that say Theistic Evolution is compatible with Christianity are liars and fools. They are false teachers, and wolves that have either bought into a lie of Satan, or know exactly what they are doing. If you compromise Gods word In Genesis than you no longer have a strong foundation and you open up all of scripture for debate as to its truthfulness.

Scripture clearly states that God spoke the world into existence in 6, 24 hour days. The text is so clear, you’re calling God a LIAR if you reject his word. God created the planet mature, just like he created Adam and Eve Mature. If scripture is the final authority and you are in submission to it, you believe it.

If scripture is not the final authority and the church or tradition is, or you interrupt scripture allegorically. Then you should repent of your sin and apologize to God and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation. As your man made religious works based righteousness, is going to send you to hell. It’s an insult to God when you reject His plan of salvation for a man made religious system and your climbing a rope of sand.

God is not that small that he needs to use evolutionin the process of creation.

:evil: :lol:

Starman3000m

...Scripture clearly states that God spoke the world into existence in 6, 24 hour days. The text is so clear, you’re calling God a LIAR if you reject his word. God created the planet mature, just like he created Adam and Eve Mature. If scripture is the final authority and you are in submission to it, you believe it.

If scripture is not the final authority and the church or tradition is, or you interrupt scripture allegorically. Then you should repent of your sin and apologize to God and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation. As your man made religious works based righteousness, is going to send you to hell. It’s an insult to God when you reject His plan of salvation for a man made religious system and your climbing a rope of sand.

God is not that small that he needs to use evolutionin the process of creation.

Excellent points Marie!

As you know, the Book of Genesis is not the only place in the Holy Bible that refers to God's Creation and the literal six day time-frame:

John 1:
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Mark 10:6
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exodus:31:17
It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Colossians 1:16-17
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psalm:19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Isaiah:42:5
Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 45:12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Not accusing, just wondering if you take all that literally? Would you press charges against the guy who hypothetically stole your wallet? Does that verse mean you shouldn't? What about self defense? Does a literal interpretation of the Bible prohibit that? (as in 'turn the other cheek'?)
I believe the Bible literally including creation in six days.

There are two sides to those questions.

If someone stole my wallet, why did he steal it? Did he need it for getting food or did he steal it to buy drugs or a new iPod? Food? Keep the money, just give back the wallet and stuff and we'll call it a day. Just to get over? Then the thief needs to be responsible for their actions.

Turning the other cheek goes to forgiveness. But I also am not just going to let someone beat me. Take a shot; I may avoid if I can. Warn. Take another. Then suffer the consequences. I let more go than you may imagine; I teach karate and have studied many years.

As you might surmise from my nom de guerre, I am proficient with firearms. I can "reach out and touch someone" at quite a distance; 800 - 1000 yards with the right equipment. And, as previously mentioned, have the expertise to handle myself unarmed. Now do I choose to settle disputes by those methods; emphatically no. Attack my loved ones, and "you" will incur my ire.

Those traits may be a failing in my Christian walk. Jesus turned the other cheek so to speak so much so that He allowed us to nail Him to a cross. I am not Christ nor Christlike enough to do that without resisting.

But on a different aspect of the Christian walk, my wife and I have discussed it and both agree that if the choice is given to renounce Jesus or be or have spouse or child killed, do not renounce Jesus ever for any reason. I hope I am never faced with that decision, but it is nice to have had the discussion prior to the possibility.

UNA

I believe the Bible literally including creation in six days.

To each our own

If someone stole my wallet, why did he steal it? Did he need it for getting food or did he steal it to buy drugs or a new iPod? Food? Keep the money, just give back the wallet and stuff and we'll call it a day. Just to get over? Then the thief needs to be responsible for their actions.

So you wouldn't call the authorities and report the theft?

Turning the other cheek goes to forgiveness. But I also am not just going to let someone beat me. Take a shot; I may avoid if I can. Warn. Take another. Then suffer the consequences. I let more go than you may imagine; I teach karate and have studied many years.

So you would defend yourself?

But on a different aspect of the Christian walk, my wife and I have discussed it and both agree that if the choice is given to renounce Jesus or be or have spouse or child killed, do not renounce Jesus ever for any reason. I hope I am never faced with that decision, but it is nice to have had the discussion prior to the possibility.

And you would allow your spouse or child to be killed rather than denounce Jesus? Saying it doesn't make it true. I would sure as heck do it and I would hope you would to save me. Perhaps more applicable to me, I would certainly 'denounce' evolution to save you! :smile: even to spite the other thread :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
And you would allow your spouse or child to be killed rather than denounce Jesus? Saying it doesn't make it true. I would sure as heck do it and I would hope you would to save me. Perhaps more applicable to me, I would certainly 'denounce' evolution to save you! :smile: even to spite the other thread :lol:

I think this thinking plays more into the deeper spiritual aspect of such a decision. If my family was captured by Muslim terrorists and told me that if I didn’t renounce Christianity or watch my family be killed (now you have to think of this from a Christian standpoint), what will you gain by renouncing your faith? You will possibly save your family but lose your soul. Christians believe life does not end on this earth. As a human in the flesh, it would be very hard to watch your own family killed; but focusing on the life to come, with our God, in paradise should be the focus. How many Christians have died under persecution because they refused to renounce their faith? You can look at this in the same way as someone that dies for this country so we can be free; you are willing to die for your faith so you can keep your spiritual freedom.

What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? - Mark 8:36

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
To each our own

So you wouldn't call the authorities and report the theft?

So you would defend yourself?

Sorry, can't deny Jesus for anyone.

Matthew 10:24-39

24"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.

25"It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!

26"Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.

27"What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.

28"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

30"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;

36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

37"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

39"He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

UNA

I think this thinking plays more into the deeper spiritual aspect of such a decision. If my family was captured by Muslim terrorists and told me that if I didn’t renounce Christianity or watch my family be killed (now you have to think of this from a Christian standpoint), what will you gain by renouncing your faith? You will possibly save your family but lose your soul. Christians believe life does not end on this earth. As a human in the flesh, it would be very hard to watch your own family killed; but focusing on the life to come, with our God, in paradise should be the focus. How many Christians have died under persecution because they refused to renounce their faith? You can look at this in the same way as someone that dies for this country so we can be free; you are willing to die for your faith so you can keep your spiritual freedom.

But there is a difference between choosing someone else to die for your beliefs and dying for your beliefs. Does the Christian God really expect you to sacrifice me if you and I were in that situation? I would lie to save you! :flowers:

UNA

Sorry, can't deny Jesus for anyone.

Like I said to Psy, I would hope that if you and I were in that situation you would sacrifice MY life for your own faith. I would say anything to save a life. Saying it doesn't mean I believe it and I would hope God knows that.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Like I said to Psy, I would hope that if you and I were in that situation you would sacrifice MY life for your own faith. I would say anything to save a life. Saying it doesn't mean I believe it and I would hope God knows that.

Long and short of it, I will not deny Jesus.

There is the difference between ethical and moral. An ethical person knows it is wrong to lie but will if they think the means justifies the end. A moral person will not lie.

Last edited:

UNA

Long and short of it, I will not deny Jesus.

There is the difference between ethical and moral. An ethical person knows it is wrong to lie but will if they think the means justifies the end. A moral person will not lie.

Like I said; to each their own! Please don't let the bad guys kill me if we're in that situation though :lol: