My thoughts on Bill Cosby

tblwdc

:frown:

But...why is this just now coming out? If he admitted it in 2005, why all the she said/ he said?

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents from the deposition in a sexual abuse lawsuit filed by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand — the first of a cascade of sexual abuse lawsuits against him. Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

Cosby settled that lawsuit under confidential terms in 2006. His lawyers in the Philadelphia case did not immediately return phone calls Monday. Constand consented to be identified but did not want to comment, her lawyer said Monday.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6d90...sbreak-cosby-said-he-got-drugs-give-women-sex

"When you got the quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" lawyer Dolores M. Troiani asked.

"Yes," Cosby answered on Sept. 29, 2005.

"Did you ever give any of these young women the quaaludes without their knowledge?"

Cosby's lawyer again objected, leading Troiani to petition the federal judge to force Cosby to cooperate.

Cosby later said he gave Constand three half-pills of Benadryl, although Troiani in the documents voices doubt that was the drug involved. The two other women who testified on Constand's behalf said they had knowingly been given quaaludes.

tblwdc

It's frightening how this sort of thing can spiral out of control and turn into a witch hunt. Now I'm curious who Cosby pissed off that decided to ruin him. There's no way mere accusations by a bunch of nobody bimbos would cause this sort of ####storm.

Has anyone actually brought charges against him or is it all just a bunch of gossip and rumors?

Wow. Victims of sexual assault....and you don't know if it's true and you call them bimbos? Did you go to the Bill Clinton school of sensitivity? Do you at least feel a little bit foolish now?

tblwdc

You know, I was thinking the same thing. It just seems crazy that he was that awful and no one said anything. I've been paying closer attention to the wording of the "news" reports, also. One last week or the week before called their source a "former inner circle friend". Yeah, I wonder how credible a disgruntled, out casted inner circle friend is. I'll be they have no axes to grind at all. :sarcasm:

I guess the axe is the fact that he sexually assaulted at least one woman....my bet is he probably did it to more once he got away with it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow. Victims of sexual assault....and you don't know if it's true and you call them bimbos? Did you go to the Bill Clinton school of sensitivity? Do you at least feel a little bit foolish now?

They're still bimbos - I stand by that assessment. They didn't say anything when it happened because they wanted to further their "careers", and we know what to call women who trade sex for money, don't we?

But I am sorry about Bill Cosby. He's like America's dad and it makes me sad to think he's just another Hollywood creep. Oh well. That will teach me to form a favorable opinion of people I don't know.

Chris0nllyn

:frown:

But...why is this just now coming out? If he admitted it in 2005, why all the she said/ he said?

Because it took some time for the AP to get the records via FOIA requests. Cosby's lawyers fought it for awhile, but they just now came out.

:edit: See quote at top of page

tblwdc

They're still bimbos - I stand by that assessment. They didn't say anything when it happened because they wanted to further their "careers", and we know what to call women who trade sex for money, don't we?

But I am sorry about Bill Cosby. He's like America's dad and it makes me sad to think he's just another Hollywood creep. Oh well. That will teach me to form a favorable opinion of people I don't know.

Are you completely dismissing the possibility that they didn't say anything because he's a powerful guy. Do you disagree with the common theory that women don't report sexual assaults because often, people blame or don't believe the victims? (You know....kinda like you did before you had the facts.)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are you completely dismissing the possibility that they didn't say anything because he's a powerful guy. Do you disagree with the common theory that women don't report sexual assaults because often, people blame or don't believe the victims? (You know....kinda like you did before you had the facts.)

No one had the facts, if they are, in fact ALL the facts, until this.

Women are a lot more empowered than some would care to admit. I do think they had ulterior motives for waiting to "out" all this.

But that is neither here nor there. He is a skeeve & a perv just like anyone else who does these sorts of things.

tblwdc

No one had the facts, if they are, in fact ALL the facts, until this.

Women are a lot more empowered than some would care to admit. I do think they had ulterior motives for waiting to "out" all this.

But that is neither here nor there. He is a skeeve & a perv just like anyone else who does these sorts of things.

I agree. No one had the facts. What facts do you have that they had ulterior motives? I'll ask you the question. Do you think it's possible they didn't do anything because he is a powerful guy, and as it has been shown here, once an allegation like this is made people assume there are ulterior motives?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Bah. He hasn't been a "powerful guy" in a very long time. He was doing Jello commercials, for crying out loud. And I still don't think all of the accusers were victims - there's a piling on effect that happens whenever anyone or anything with money is accused of something that could prove to be lucrative. Sorry to be so cynical, but it's an ugly old world filled with ugly people.

tblwdc

Bah. He hasn't been a "powerful guy" in a very long time. He was doing Jello commercials, for crying out loud. And I still don't think all of the accusers were victims - there's a piling on effect that happens whenever anyone or anything with money is accused of something that could prove to be lucrative. Sorry to be so cynical, but it's an ugly old world filled with ugly people.

He certainly was a much more powerful guy when this happened. That after all is your theory. These women knew he was powerful so they slept with him willingly to further their career.
I’m just trying to understand your mindset and if it is just Bill Cosby or is it any rapist that you believe people will “pile” on and make false allegations against.
My guess is that you can’t point without further looking at these women which ones you believe are lying. It is my guess that you are just saying that because it is hard for you to accept that this guy could truly be a monster because you like the “acting” he did when he told Trudy she was a good girl.
My point is this. This sort of crime is one of the only crimes where the victim is almost always suspected of either lying to complying in some manner with the crime. You know very little or nothing about these women, but you do know that he has admitted buying these drugs to have sex with at least one woman, and yet you still want to accuse potential victims of sexual assaults of lying or being complicit.
Can you not step away and see that this is the very reason women are reluctant to report?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can you not step away and see that this is the very reason women are reluctant to report?

I think that if women wouldn't cry fake rape, and the media wouldn't jump on it and immediately presume the accused guilty, skeptics like me wouldn't exist.

tblwdc

What facts do you have that they didn't?

This question is a great question. Do question the motivations of every person who reports a crime? Or is it just sex crimes where it comes into your mind that the victim may have an ulterior motive?

tblwdc

I think that if women wouldn't cry fake rape, and the media wouldn't jump on it and immediately presume the accused guilty, skeptics like me wouldn't exist.

I agree that women cry fake rape. Do you agree that there are women who are afraid to report rapes because of the skeptics like you?

You are a woman. I don't think you are a liar at all. If you were sexually assaulted, I would believe your story unless there were facts which pointed to something other than that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree that women cry fake rape. Do you agree that there are women who are afraid to report rapes because of the skeptics like you?

Nope. I think that some women are afraid to do pretty much anything in life, but other women will happily lie about being raped, skeptics be damned. I am not responsible for anyone's fear; that belongs to them.

I don't make the rules, I just live by (most of) them. :shrug:

Hijinx

Expecting and being given sex to get a good part is nothing new to the entertainment industry.

Bill Cosby was a powerful figure and was probably offered sex more than once, and I have no trouble believing that he expected it from ingenues .

Now the dope thing is a different story entirely. If he used dope to extract sex from these women he belongs in jail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If he used dope to extract sex from these women he belongs in jail.

Roman Polanski drugged and raped a 13 year old and nobody put him in jail. They gave him an Oscar instead.

Steven Tyler actually became the legal guardian of his 14 year old sex toy so he bring her to live with him.

The entertainment industry is filled with sexual predators and pedophiles. Why we idolize these people, I will never know. But...guilty as charged - I didn't want to believe that good old Dr. Huxtable was one of them. :ohwell:

tblwdc

Nope. I think that some women are afraid to do pretty much anything in life, but other women will happily lie about being raped, skeptics be damned. I am not responsible for anyone's fear; that belongs to them.

I don't make the rules, I just live by (most of) them. :shrug:

The rules? Is it a rule just because a woman reports being drugged and raped by a guy who admitted to drugging and raping women that you call them a bimbo because they didn't report it?