My thoughts on Bill Cosby

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It may be in his best interest to sit back and take the criticism. It is just a media circus that he chooses not to perform in.

This is pretty much my take on it. Why willingly throw yourself into the lion's den? If a crime was committed, there should be criminal charges - or at least civil ones. Until that happens, it's just media driven bull####.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It may be in his best interest to sit back and take the criticism. It is just a media circus that he chooses not to perform in. What's the old saying about keeping your mouth shut for fear of proving what an idiot you really are?

That is a quote predicated on being careful to not spout off about things you might not really know much about. We're talking about criminal allegations which he VERY much knows about.
I don't know that he actually raped anyone and I suspect he was boorish, a cad, a real jerk about it and I'd I would not sit there, given his position, and just take it...were I innocent.

nutz

That is a quote predicated on being careful to not spout off about things you might not really know much about. We're talking about criminal allegations which he VERY much knows about.
I don't know that he actually raped anyone and I suspect he was boorish, a cad, a real jerk about it and I'd I would not sit there, given his position, and just take it...were I innocent.

Like not knowing why these women are trying to ruin him? Sit back, relax (in public anyway) and don't feed your enemy(s) ammunition.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Like not knowing why these women are trying to ruin him? Sit back, relax (in public anyway) and don't feed your enemy(s) ammunition.

just a disagreement. I think he has a great opportunity to not only get some good press to balance this but to also give supporters a leg to stand on.

I just disagree that silence does him ANY good.

....unless he's done something wrong.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I find it hard to believe that he supposedly abused that many women and not a single one of them came forward until now.

The first one came forward 14 years ago. Another one in 2004 that Cosby settled out of court. A couple more in 2005.

Then silence until now, when they all come out.

I think he did it, but those who did not press charges are somewhat responsible for the later cases. Letting him get away with it just endangered more women.

The logical part of my mind does not understand the victim mentality that makes so many women refuse to press charges, but this type of behavior is way too common. They're too scared to come forward until they feel it's safe, like now when Cosby has been beaten down to the point he cannot retaliate. No different than the beaten wives who remain silent until it's too late.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The logical part of my mind does not understand the victim mentality that makes so many women refuse to press charges, but this type of behavior is way too common. They're too scared to come forward until they feel it's safe, like now when Cosby has been beaten down to the point he cannot retaliate. No different than the beaten wives who remain silent until it's too late.

The women have little to no power and he has much. Plus, they probably know some women who parlayed in into work or even a career. It's got to be an awful position to be in if it was more than just rude aggressive pig horny guy behavior.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
He is a well respected black man who speaks out about "Thugs, Crime, Ebonics, lack of respect and lack of education." In light of the current social unrest he must be discredited.

abcxyz

Why would he pay someone (his lawyers) to tell him want to say (or in this case not say) and then not listen to them?

Let's see, I can keep my trap shut and only pay out $X or I can go against that advice and pay ten times that much because my lawyers now have to spin/unspin what I said. Mums the word no matter how much money you have.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He is a well respected black man who speaks out about "Thugs, Crime, Ebonics, lack of respect and lack of education." In light of the current social unrest he must be discredited.

...and if he has abused and perhaps even raped women in the past, it will be a LOT easier to discredit him than if he did no such thing. :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I can say that it's not hard to accuse someone of this sort of thing, with no evidence, years (even decades) later and ruin a person's life.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why would he pay someone (his lawyers) to tell him want to say (or in this case not say) and then not listen to them?

Let's see, I can keep my trap shut and only pay out $X or I can go against that advice and pay ten times that much because my lawyers now have to spin/unspin what I said. Mums the word no matter how much money you have.

So, if you'd never abused a woman, never coerced her aggressively for sex, never raped a woman, you'd just let it be said and say nothing because your lawyer said to shut up? If you're a celeb with all the opportunity in the world to fight for your name?

He's shutting up because he most likely is guilty of poor, maybe very poor, behavior towards women that will hurt his wholesome image.

SG_Player1974

People are asking why they waited so long to come forward with the accusations. Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is regarding these accusations? Is the clock running out?

MMDad

Lem Putt
So, if you'd never abused a woman, never coerced her aggressively for sex, never raped a woman, you'd just let it be said and say nothing because your lawyer said to shut up? If you're a celeb with all the opportunity in the world to fight for your name?

He's shutting up because he most likely is guilty of poor, maybe very poor, behavior towards women that will hurt his wholesome image.

We know that he's settled out of court for this in the past. That is not an admission or proof of guilt, but it doesn't help him look innocent now. I can't imagine settling something like this if you did not do it. This isn't one of those things where you look at your odds and the cost and make a decision about fighting it. You either fight this or you are almost admitting that you are a predator.

Kind of like Michael Jackson settling. Anything other than 100% denial of charges like that is just unacceptable to me. A settlement is nothing more than a payoff and sure looks like guilt.

MMDad

Lem Putt
People are asking why they waited so long to come forward with the accusations. Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is regarding these accusations? Is the clock running out?

Depends on the state, but I am not aware of any of these cases going forward criminally. Any evidence is long gone, unless one of them pulled a Lewinsky and kept the dress.

Tami2red

It's frightening how this sort of thing can spiral out of control and turn into a witch hunt. Now I'm curious who Cosby pissed off that decided to ruin him. There's no way mere accusations by a bunch of nobody bimbos would cause this sort of ####storm.

Has anyone actually brought charges against him or is it all just a bunch of gossip and rumors?

From what I heard on the news, the statute of limitations has run out. The LAWSUITS, however, are already beginning to fly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We know that he's settled out of court for this in the past. That is not an admission or proof of guilt, but it doesn't help him look innocent now. I can't imagine settling something like this if you did not do it. This isn't one of those things where you look at your odds and the cost and make a decision about fighting it. You either fight this or you are almost admitting that you are a predator.

Kind of like Michael Jackson settling. Anything other than 100% denial of charges like that is just unacceptable to me. A settlement is nothing more than a payoff and sure looks like guilt.

Yup.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
...and if he has abused and perhaps even raped women in the past, it will be a LOT easier to discredit him than if he did no such thing. :shrug:

EVEN IF he did, after 30 years and no proof he "should" not be found guilty. However, they planted the seed of doubt with all the press that this is getting and his "guilt" will be ingrained in STUPID PEOPLES minds forever.......