Nail Salons

Missy_State

I disagree with Kim's Nails in Lexington Park being the best, however we all have our own likes and dislikes. Her attitude stinks too! I am a very particular person when it comes to my nails and toes. I have tried Expo Nails, Kreative Nails, Spa 1 Nails, and Kim's Nails (in LP) and have ended up having problems with them all. They were :killingme. Either they would lift or they do them too thick (even when you tell them not to). I think sometimes it's the acrylic they use that's cheap. Not to mention that their designs get old! I go to Waldorf and am very pleased with the work. No matter where you go they are better than any salon in St. Mary's and the designs are much better. I know it's a drive but it's worth it. I've been to several in that area so if you're ever in the area try one of these, Mega Nails, Queen Nails, Vivian Nails or USA Nails.

kalmd

That is the place that left me with 1 and 1/2 eyebrow after a wax :bawl:

Oh no. They've also done a good job with mine. They seem to take their time and have an eye for making them flattering. Other places I've gone they just seem to do the same wax job on everyone. At Diamond, they wax, pluck and trim to make them look perfect.

OT - I was at Unique Chic one time and a girl was getting her brows waxed and the worker took off one entire eyebrow. The girl offered her money to buy an eyebrow pencil.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Oh no. They've also done a good job with mine. They seem to take their time and have an eye for making them flattering. Other places I've gone they just seem to do the same wax job on everyone. At Diamond, they wax, pluck and trim to make them look perfect.

OT - I was at Unique Chic one time and a girl was getting her brows waxed and the worker took off one entire eyebrow. The girl offered her money to buy an eyebrow pencil.

I honestly didn't know this happened because she lightly markered it back on. I didn't realize it until I got out of the shower that I had only half of one on the one side. If she woulda told me, I would not have been so pissed off.

morris63

All of the non-american ran nail shops, majority of them aren't licensed. You take your chances with your nails. I wouldn't go to any of them. Check your local phone books and call around. If you do not get an english speaking person answering the phone, most likely it's an asian shop. This is the only way to find out. There is a place in Leonardtown next to Do Dah Deli. All nails are done by hand - no drills!:)

M

Mousebaby

Grow your own:shrug:

Fake nails are creepy and unsanitary:jameo:

These are my own nails, they just have a gel overlay to protect them from breaking. With all the work I do around the house with kids and animals, my nails would never grow. Now they grow like crazy and they are pretty when I want to go out with hubby for a date!

J

jaybeeztoo

These are my own nails, they just have a gel overlay to protect them from breaking. With all the work I do around the house with kids and animals, my nails would never grow. Now they grow like crazy and they are pretty when I want to go out with hubby for a date!

True dat. I get mine covered since I work with horses. They are real and they are spectacular. I just need a little strength so they don't break all the time. Plus, I love how they can paint them. I've got this cool reverse french tip right now, and I think it's the prettiest they have ever been.

M

Mousebaby

True dat. I get mine covered since I work with horses. They are real and they are spectacular. I just need a little strength so they don't break all the time. Plus, I love how they can paint them. I've got this cool reverse french tip right now, and I think it's the prettiest they have ever been.

I have my white tips again, I had been painting them red, but decided my white tips looked more feminine and I like that. Not to mention they match everything I wear! :lmao:

J

jaybeeztoo

I have my white tips again, I had been painting them red, but decided my white tips looked more feminine and I like that. Not to mention they match everything I wear! :lmao:

Mine are a red/purple now (the tips)....I absolutely love how they look. No one can see the horse dirt under them now :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

Hey, when you love animals you get a little dirty :lmao: I wash my hands and all, but you know. The color hides the crud. :lmao:

Yup, and the nail brush I have just does not cut that crud! I have tried everything, have to get something to literally scrap the crud out from under there. :barf: