Nail shops in Southern Maryland !

emgem

I went to Spa One and they did a horrible job and they were expensive. I go to Expose Nails in Millison Plaza, ask for David or Sonny

I went to Spa One right around this time last year to get a mani and pedi. It was a Saturday afternoon and college football games were on. When touchdowns were scored, a bunch of the guy workers were talking very fast and most were frenzied. Then the cell phones were coming out, calls being made and loud Vietnamese speaking!!!! Just a thought, but I'm pretty sure some type of gambling ring was going on. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of blahblahblah I can't understand while I'm trying to relax!

Paradise Nails in Prince Frederick is the best place I've been to and have been going there for a year and a half.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I really like the spa One Nails next to Best Buy. Good stuff!

:yeahthat:

The guy that I usually have do my nails in there was on vacation and one of the new guys did my nails last time....he kinda screwed them up(always get gel and he didn't tell the lady that did the design and she just put clear on after the design)....when I discovered that they were chipping, I went back in there and they fixed them with no charge :yay:

FemmePrincess

I like to communicate with the person doing my nails in english.
Are there any good american run and english speaking places
around? It worries me when I can't understand what is going
on. I don't always think they understand what I am trying to say.

thetruediva

I went to Spa One and they did a horrible job and they were expensive. I go to Expose Nails in Millison Plaza, ask for David or Sonny

Hate Spa 1!
Every time I went in, the charged me different prices for the exact same service! They are way to fast and overall a bad job!

thetruediva

I really like Califronia Nails in lexington park is wonderful! I have never had a problem. they are in a scarier part of town n St Marys square. But I would swear by them! I hope this helps!

Good on nails but with only 2 people in the whole shop,......long wait!

S

Special_K44

nail salon

Charles Street Boutique in La Plata on Route 6 - I would say they are the best in the Southern Maryland area. That is my opinion only.

smdgolfer

Nail Shop in Prince Frederick

There is an awesome new one in PF, spa nails, next to Five Guys. Very clean. Very nice.

gigi6

Several friends claim they got fungus from Kims shops. They do not sterilize. Lee's in Lusby uses an autoclave and you get your own instruments in a box. It costs $5 more for a pedi but it's worth not getting that fungus crap. I can understand most of the nail techs when they speak :yay:

I LOVE Lee's! The place is so clean and they are incredibly friendly. I can understand EVERYONE. Lee is really nice and Anna is one of the best when it comes to brow waxing!

morris63

That's Lady Slender and Spa. She's actually open there in the little building beside that parking lot on the end by the light. She does it by hand, but the last time I recommended them to my friend (I only have 1:lmao:) it took 3 hours. And she talks non stop. I go to Diamond Nail now in Wildewood. I like them a lot. :howdy:

Thanks for the name of the place several women have been raving about. I couldn't remember the name. I will have to make a point to stop in there because she talks to her clients. I am sure if she does real gel nails its not a quick in and out job. All the other nail shops that sell gel nails are only doing clear acrylic. They are faking everyone out. Why don't you call the owner up and tell her what you just internet libeled against her mentioning her business name and slandering her reputation. Sounds like it's more than referring a friend. I'm glad you were able to find a good nail shop. I hope you have fingernails left after they use the drill every time you go there. You get what you pay for. A 30 minute acrylic fill versus someone who cares about what they are doing. If you went there and she talked non-stop, why did you refer a friend. That's strange.

morris63

Check back in the forums a week or so for Lady Slender and Nails. There were numerous tidbits on why one should not go there. If you don't mind listening to the owner talk bad about other people, employees and other nails shops then try it out...I will not go back there...EVER!!!

Why are you telling people to check back in the forums a week or so for Lady Slender and Nails? Sounds like you have an inside scoop. If she is talking about other nail shops and how she is different with what she offers then I think that is a good thing. If you are saying you have heard, how can you say that you have been there and that you will not go back. I bet you have never even been there.

I read those forums a few weeks ago. I wonder why they got pulled off of the forum? I recall the numerous tidbits. Pretty much gossip to me. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I remember a reply to the tidbits that you are talking about and the person replying said that they better watch out what they say. It is internet libel. After that, a day or two later it was all pulled from the forum.

Most of the forum threads on somd is a bunch of chatter. Everyone needs to find out for themselves what satisfies them personally. Everyone has their own opinion where they want to go get their nails done. I am just glad that we are getting a lot more choices now!!!

morris63

I like to communicate with the person doing my nails in english.
Are there any good american run and english speaking places
around? It worries me when I can't understand what is going
on. I don't always think they understand what I am trying to say.

I agree! I like to talk to someone in english. If I want my nails short, I want them short not long. I think they understand you. I think they don't want you to think that. They don't even know you by your first name. I would check out that place that was referred to me LadySlender in Leonardtown. Check it out in the telephone book. I have to look it up myself. I am waiting for my birthday gift certificate from there. I want real gel nails. I have to let my torn up nails by the drill and the acrylic to heal up for a few more weeks. Good luck, I think you should check it out. Maybe I will see you there?:howdy:

Pezfreak

I dont get nails done but I do know if there is even a slight chance of breaking the skin and bleeding- the tools better have been sterilized in an autoclave if theyve been used on other clients!! (The packaging is clearly marked if proper temps have been met.) If not, a bad nail job is the least of your worries. It wouldnt hurt to get hepatitis vacc if youre going to go to nail salons. You have every right to ask and be nosey about cleanliness/sterilization.