Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire

Attachments

• glue.gif
    glue.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 37

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Happy check the spelling of sires name in the first post, is that how you spell it or tiajuana
you must be right cause the breeder called her Tia.

I also typed AKS...:lol: brings to mind the OJ joke...oh nebbermind. :ohwell:

Seniorita TiaJuanita .. hmm that could work. Poor kid i went out to feed and yanked her hair out for DNA :lol:

Loper

Animal Poor!

Seniorita TiaJuanita .. hmm that could work. Poor kid i went out to feed and yanked her hair out for DNA :lol:

for DNA testing? what do they tell ya? breed? just curious. or is it more the lines of color and what not...?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
for DNA testing? what do they tell ya? breed? just curious. or is it more the lines of color and what not...?
2 reasons. You have to have the parentage DNA done to register them (they have to match the registered parents) and i do color DNA so i can register them correctly based on their genetics.

I also need to know their silver gene status. The silver gene makes the chocolate and white colored horses the breed is famous for. i want to the avoid health issues with doubling up on silver and creating the symptoms of an eye disorder called Anterior Segmented Dysgenesis (ASD for short) since it's been linked to the silver gene.

A very small number of horses wth 2 copies of the silver gene (homozygous) have symptoms of ASD. There is no test for ASD yet. Right now, a horse has to have several of the symptoms to be diagnosed with the disorder. It effects the shape of the eyes, retina and sometimes their vision. If i know silver status and true color, i can make informed breeding decisions, and not leave silver status in foals, to chance.

I know...TMI :lol:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

I need to yank some tail hairs and send them out.... Any pix of her??

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I don't like this getting dark early stuff. Get home from work, change, feed the horses, feed the children, bed!!!