• Energy policy moving us away from imported oil

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Increase taxes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Decrease taxes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Man made global warming is real and is bad, act accordingly

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • MMGWarming is a hoax and 'doing' something about this hoax would hurt America, act accordingly

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Then you do know about me.

Yeah...I know that there's always one of the two that "fits" a person better...but c'mon. It seems like neither of them gives a crap about what is right or wrong...what is best for the country. They're just always playing freaking prevent defense.

Which would you rather drive? A car with one wheel or a three-wheeled car without a steering wheel? That's your choice! :ohwell:

:banghead:

That's all it's come to now. Who ever comes up with an idea first, the other side will oppose it full force, no matter how good the idea is.

Kerad

So let me get this straght. You're an normal joe like me, and is you saw a candidate that made sense to you, you would vote for hime no matter if there was an R or D next to his name.

If the guy made sense...sure I would.

Obviously, there are issues which make me identify as a Democrat. But I'm not trapped into voting for Dems if I can get a good mix.

I'm for expanding the death penalty. I don't want to take guns away (though I do want to limit accessibility of them to law-abiding citizens). These are just a couple of examples where I am not DEMOCRATMAN!!!

That said, I lost alot of my ability to vote Republican with the Clinton impeachment, the McCain (2000) smear, and the Schaivo bull####.

Then I lost pretty much any shred of respect for the GOP when they gave Bush a free pass for 6 years when it was obvious he needed some adult supervision.

Could I ever vote for a Republican?

Sure...but it would have to be a different breed than what I've seen lately.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Then I lost pretty much any shred of respect for the GOP when they gave Bush a free pass for 6 years when it was obvious he needed some adult supervision.

I agree there. I pretty much sit in the middle. The only thing that keeps me voting Rep. is that I'm in the military and that's just good buisness.

Kerad

I agree there. I pretty much sit in the middle. The only thing that keeps me voting Rep. is that I'm in the military and that's just good buisness.

Ahhh...but there's the fly in the ointment. There are many of us military folk that are Democrats.

More and more everyday, I might add.

:smile:

If the Right is banking on their old, outdated voter statistics...they are in big trouble. Which we have seen...lately.

Still..as we discussed earlier...we're just fighting over which car to get stranded in, at this point.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Ahhh...but there's the fly in the ointment. There are many of us military folk that are Democrats.

More and more everyday, I might add.

If the Right is banking on their old, outdated voter statistics...they are in big trouble. Which we have seen...lately.

Still..as we discussed earlier...we're just fighting over which car to get stranded in, at this point.
Yes, I know many military members that are Dems, but the majority is still Repub by a large margin, and the Repubs always give a better pay raise.

Novus Collectus

I am of the opinion that a president can't really get much done about any more than three major issues in a term, so, pick three and let's see.

All of your choices involves very complex points and so therefore I voted for all of them. Almost every choice has some truth or some applicability.

Win in Iraq
Get us out of Iraq
Win in Iraq just enough so we can get the f**k out before it goes to crap again then let their neighbors deal with the problem.

Fix Social Security
ongoing problem that will always need addressing and tweaking. Doing nothing is the problem.

Fix illegal immigration focusing on employers
Fix illegal immigration focusing in illegal immigrants
Both!

Energy policy moving us away from imported oil
Of course. But imported oil is fine, if it is from a stable source. For instance, if we got all our oil from Russia, Mexico, Canada, the UK and our own, then we'd be hunky dory.

Increase taxes
Decrease taxes
Some taxes are bad, but government has to operate, so some increase; some decrease.

Man made global warming is real and is bad, act accordingly
This may only be a half truth. Global warming is a fact, but whether or not it will continue, or if it is aggravated or sped up by man, or if it is actually caused by man are all unanswered questions at the moment. As a result we need to take some action just in case.
MMGWarming is a hoax and 'doing' something about this hoax would hurt America, act accordingly
May be partially true. While not a hoax, it may be hype. As stated above, doing nothing is too risky, but doing too much may be uneccessarilly damaging to quality of life and/or the economy.

PsyOps

Pixelated

More and more everyday
, I might add.

I'm not saying I don't believe this but I have to know where you got your info on this? Stats? Proof? You know, back it up.