National Enquirer chairman to accept Immunity in exchange for information

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
sorry Sugar, Bill Clinton let that house out of the barn in the 1990s

wmconfused4.gif

This_person

Did you think the bought and paid for over a dozen negative stories about Trump ? Including mistresses and a secret child?

Don't you think that is information the voting public should have had?

If I'm not mistaken, we knew he had mistresses and even knocked (at least) one up. Unlike Mr. and Mrs. Clinton, this was all open and admitted to. And, he won.

:shrug: Did you think the information on Obama with Farrakhan should have been public? Did you take great joy at the potential of that reporter being outed?

Chris0nllyn

Sappy getting all splodey because he just now realized that National Enquirer is a tabloid and not to be taken as real news.

I don't think anyone actually believes it is real news. That's not the argument. The argument is that as the CEO of American Media, Inc., he was buying exclusive rights to stories about Trump and purposefully not publishing them.

The Enquirer allegedly used a tactic known as "catch-and-kill" — when a publication buys the rights to a damaging story for the purpose of sitting on it and keeping that story out of the news.
The Associated Press reported Friday that the magazine even had a location where records of these payments were stored: a safe full of documents, not only relating to Trump, but similar "catch-and-kill" deals with other celebrities.
Cohen, "with the assistance of Corporation-1, was able to arrange for the purchase of two stories so as to suppress them and prevent them from influencing the election," prosecutors said in court documents.
https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/6414...publisher-said-to-have-immunity-in-cohen-case

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think anyone actually believes it is real news. That's not the argument. The argument is that as the CEO of American Media, Inc., he was buying exclusive rights to stories about Trump and purposefully not publishing them.

So what? If it were real news and not some he said/she said tabloid story, there's no such thing. Think about someone who has a serious accusation - they don't sell their story to the highest bidder. They go through the authorities and it becomes a matter of public record. Or they pull a Stormy Daniels and go on every talk show that will have them.

I understand that you all sit around all day waiting for some broke chick looking to make a buck to give you some gossip, but normal people don't care about that sort of thing. We care about real news, things that really happened, not salacious rumors that can't be proven.

On one hand, NPR/CNN/etc are admitting that the Enquirer is a skeezy tabloid rumor publication; on the other hand, they're pissed because they want to report that crap, too. :crazy:

Sapidus

So what? If it were real news and not some he said/she said tabloid story, there's no such thing. Think about someone who has a serious accusation - they don't sell their story to the highest bidder. They go through the authorities and it becomes a matter of public record. Or they pull a Stormy Daniels and go on every talk show that will have them.

I understand that you all sit around all day waiting for some broke chick looking to make a buck to give you some gossip, but normal people don't care about that sort of thing. We care about real news, things that really happened, not salacious rumors that can't be proven.

On one hand, NPR/CNN/etc are admitting that the Enquirer is a skeezy tabloid rumor publication; on the other hand, they're pissed because they want to report that crap, too. :crazy:

This just shows how truly stupid you are.

Thinking it’s okay for a newspaper with infinite resources to pay for stories only to bury them to benefit a candidate for office.

You can barely even understand the issue at hand much less explain or defend it

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Thinking it’s okay for a newspaper with infinite resources to pay for stories only to bury them to benefit a candidate for office.

what laws were possibly broken, moron boy?

Hank

my war
Raise your hand if you ever thought of National Enquirer as a legitimate news source.

Anyone?

:killingme You're all over the place, per usual... Bless your heart!

The Daily Mail is akin to The National Enquirer..

If you mean that they will frequently report the stories the mainstream media is too terrified to touch, then you're right. The National Enquirer has broken a number of major stories that really should have been part of our mainstream news. Same with Drudge.

black dog

Free America
Did you think the bought and paid for over a dozen negative stories about Trump ? Including mistresses and a secret child?

Don't you think that is information the voting public should have had?

Is that the lady that fell into the pond and gave birth to a frog boy baby?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Then why did he get immunity

Be Specific What LAWS Were Broken ....

numbnuts?

So You Have NOTHING But Ad Hominem Attacks ....

Sharyl Attkisson wrote an entire book on how the PRESS Covered for Obama

Ex-CBS reporter’s book reveals how liberal media protects Obama

“Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama’s Washington”

You have yet to explain what LAWS Were Broken

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

yeah SO What :shrug:

sounds like people were looking to GET PAID, not tell a story

I wasn't trying to make a point, only clarifying a lack of understanding. It obviously ties into Cohen, you know, a guy in the news right now.

And they actually PAID to not tell a story, they weren't getting paid.