National Parks

GregV814

Look, the solution in right there!!!
Make 13th and 14th streets near U street NW DC historic!! TIFFANI shot dat dude who try to take her coo coo for free in 1967, 46th & Benning Rd. SE DC is where Darius gots shot in 1965 in that fight wid Warren..... get the drift?

herb749

Much of this piece is an annoying lie.

The one that glared hard was "signs are in English" - that's a damn lie. Signs in national parks are in multiple languages because of all the foreign tourists they get.

They act like black people are prevented from going to the parks and that's a big fat lie. What's the percentage of white Americans who visit a national park regularly or at all? What percent of white Americans have been to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon? Cost and travel is prohibitive for many, not just black people. Lack of interest isn't a racial thing - lots of white people have no interest in nature or history (many of them are leftwing journalists).

All this is just an excuse for them to say black people aren't welcome there. Then the govt will need to create special national parks for blacks only.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Much of this piece is an annoying lie.

The one that glared hard was "signs are in English" - that's a damn lie. Signs in national parks are in multiple languages because of all the foreign tourists they get.

They act like black people are prevented from going to the parks and that's a big fat lie. What's the percentage of white Americans who visit a national park regularly or at all? What percent of white Americans have been to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon? Cost and travel is prohibitive for many, not just black people. Lack of interest isn't a racial thing - lots of white people have no interest in nature or history (many of them are leftwing journalists).

Beautiful places like The Hermitage,Mt. Vernon, Monticello, even Point Lookout, are great places to visit and educational also.
Maybe they really aren't interested in educating themselves. Pretty much the same reason they don't do well in our schools.
An equal education is there for them. They sit in class with whites , they have the same mental capacity, and yet they are still behind in what they absorb.. Because in order to learn you have to want to learn. You have to want that education. Blacks who have the desire do not have a problem learning. Those who wish to bully and play and piss and moan don't
It's just that simple. The way to success in America is to learn, If you pass up that chance you hit the streets and cry that you are discriminated against.

Not many minorities at Mt Rushmore tonight

Sure they were. A bunch of Native-Americans were there still thinking that the Government should give them back the Black Hills.
Blocking the roads and making fools of themselves.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They sit in class with whites , they have the same mental capacity, and yet they are still behind in what they absorb..
The book, The Bell Curve, would disagree with your mental capacity statement. But that is a discussion for another thread. Interesting though, that Murray took some data, then wrote a book about the findings. Then he ended up on the SLPC radar as some sort of racist. Yep, data is racist.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Beautiful places like The Hermitage,Mt. Vernon, Monticello, even Point Lookout, are great places to visit and educational also.
Maybe they really aren't interested in educating themselves. Pretty much the same reason they don't do well in our schools.
An equal education is there for them. They sit in class with whites , they have the same mental capacity, and yet they are still behind in what they absorb.. Because in order to learn you have to want to learn. You have to want that education. Blacks who have the desire do not have a problem learning. Those who wish to bully and play and piss and moan don't
It's just that simple. The way to success in America is to learn, If you pass up that chance you hit the streets and cry that you are discriminated against.

Sure they were. A bunch of Native-Americans were there still thinking that the Government should give them back the Black Hills.
Blocking the roads and making fools of themselves.
This reminds me of the time JPC wanted to burn down Sotterly mansion. Didn't care that it could be a learning tool, just had to eliminate the symbol.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Blacks do not like bugs, they are not going to National Parks
I ignored this comment because blacks and whites are no different when it comes to insects. You're either deathly afraid or not.

And then I got some propane this morning. Attendant was black, didn't think anything about it. Until he picked up a glove and started beating it against the cage and opening it up and peering in. I asked what he was doing. Looking for spiders. Apparently he put his hand in his glove once before and a spider came crawling up his arm, so now he's one of the deathly afraid guys.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Is there some restrictions Transporter that precludes multiple posts on a similar or same topic

Kyle has repeated - several times - the same article I posted a few hours previously ...

SO WHAT ?
Then I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version
the reporter is a stone cold idiot, whites make up a bit over 73% of the US population based , that would make her 77% estimate close the racial demographics of the population as a whole.
I put that in a Tweet and did called her an idiot in said tweet. Not that I use twitter all that often.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We have folks down here with signs in English and Spanish on their piers for the people that come down here that think all the piers are there for their enjoyment. Those homeowners on that side are constantly running them off. I don't even want to get into the amount of trash that is generated on a "good" weekend down here.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We have folks down here with signs in English and Spanish on their piers for the people that come down here that think all the piers are there for their enjoyment. Those homeowners on that side are constantly running them off. I don't even want to get into the amount of trash that is generated on a "good" weekend down here.
It makes them feel at home. Most of them probably come from some third world crap holes. To be quite honest, it's our "tourists" that caused me to get a boat in the first place. I've paid taxes in this county for over 40 years, and I can't enjoy the amenities that those taxes paid for.

On a side note, if you need any terminal tackle, check out the poles off of the end of the government wharf at low tide. Oats Wathen showed me that trick. 😉

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Similar situation down here in PP/SGI area.

And the bastids keep emptying the PP market of Corona every weekend too.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Similar situation down here in PP/SGI area.

And the bastids keep emptying the PP market of Corona every weekend too.
And the Sheriff's Office turns a blind eye to it. The weekend before the 4th, the spot of beach on the island side of the SGI bridge looked like mini Ocean City. No Trespassing Private Property sign be damned. People leave their white kitchen bags of trash alongside the No Parking signs expecting somebody to pick them up.