Nautical charts of the middle Chesapeake

oldman

Lobster Land
? Friend has a Garmen GPS unit on his boat and it shows everything no matter where we go. Just a thought.

J

Junio

Charts

Long time lurker, but first time poster....I'll skip the intro though and go to your answer:

Online:

Chart 12263
Interactive catalog (online view/download or print) : Paper and Raster Nautical Chart Catalog

Kind of a pain to get through....but I think you can print them as well. If you're IPhone or ITouch equipped there's an excellent app called Navionics. About $15 for the eastern seaboard charts and the GPS connects!

See ya!
J

Last edited by a moderator:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The charts aren't cheap. I think you'd be better off getting a GPS/chartplotter. $350.00 - $500.00. More than the paper charts but MUCH more useful.

Pete

Repete
The charts aren't cheap. I think you'd be better off getting a GPS/chartplotter. $350.00 - $500.00. More than the paper charts but MUCH more useful.

I know, I am going to get broke eventually :lol: The Bluechart SD chip for my Zumo 550 has been discontinued and the new version doesn't work with the Zumo.

Pete

Repete
Long time lurker, but first time poster....I'll skip the intro though and go to your answer:

Online:

Chart 12263
Interactive catalog (online view/download or print) : Paper and Raster Nautical Chart Catalog

Kind of a pain to get through....but I think you can print them as well. If you're IPhone or ITouch equipped there's an excellent app called Navionics. About $15 for the eastern seaboard charts and the GPS connects!

See ya!
J
Thanks, I found that earlier, I figured there was a place I could swing by and buy one locally.

Oh and welcome.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Down in the basement of the old Bowes Books on Great Mills rd is a room full of old (albeit moldy) books AND maps in wrappers. I'll bet there's a copy in there - if you feel like digging.

J

Junio

Thanks, I found that earlier, I figured there was a place I could swing by and buy one locally.

Oh and welcome.

Thanks! And what Baja said, "West Marine." They have a section in the front of the store with charts. I don't think they were too expensive....less then thirty bucks if I remember correctly.

Pete

Repete
Thanks! And what Baja said, "West Marine." They have a section in the front of the store with charts. I don't think they were too expensive....less then thirty bucks if I remember correctly.

Thanks, I will check. I should get a GPS/plotter but I spent big bucks on my Zumo 550 because it would work on the bike, truck or even marine maps. Now they replaced the Bluechart maps with Bluechart 2g and it doesn't work on mine.

Forking out another $400 is not sitting too well right now.

jaksprat

Thanks, I will check. I should get a GPS/plotter but I spent big bucks on my Zumo 550 because it would work on the bike, truck or even marine maps. Now they replaced the Bluechart maps with Bluechart 2g and it doesn't work on mine.

Forking out another $400 is not sitting too well right now.

I can relate to your angst with all the GPS options, compatibility issues, etc. I'd like to get a unit for my boat but am holding out so far till I can sort it all out. Here's a link for some downloadable NOAA charts similar to what Junio mentioned earlier:

NOAA BookletCharts

Let us know what you come up with. Good luck.

I can relate to your angst with all the GPS options, compatibility issues, etc. I'd like to get a unit for my boat but am holding out so far till I can sort it all out. Here's a link for some downloadable NOAA charts similar to what Junio mentioned earlier:

NOAA BookletCharts

Look like that will do for ya Pete?

Pete

Repete

NOAA BookletCharts

Awesome find! This works, thanks

itsbob

I bowl overhand
? Friend has a Garmen GPS unit on his boat and it shows everything no matter where we go. Just a thought.
GPS charts aren't the most up to date charts you can or should haveit's not up to date unless you go online and update frequently.. MOST have not been updated, and are current as of the day they were bought, which could be YEARS ago.

MY suggestion would be go to West Marine, ask for Caitlin, she'll find you the charts, and while you are there she'll give you a GREAT deal on a TowBoatUS membership (something NO boater should be without ESPECIALLY if they are depending on GPS for their chart info!)