Ncel

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Just curious if anyone has kids riding in this.

The National Capital Equitation League (NCEL) is comprised of riding schools throughout Maryland and Virginia. Teams compete at member riding facilities from November through March in a series of round-robin meets patterned after the intercollegiate leagues.
National Capitol Equitation League

fredsaid2

I did a few years back. The team had a great time and it was a great experience for them. The school horses were not always the most agreeable mounts! Reverie Acres has a team, they're close to you I think.

mistymoofwf

live to ride

The National Capital Equitation League (NCEL) is comprised of riding schools throughout Maryland and Virginia. Teams compete at member riding facilities from November through March in a series of round-robin meets patterned after the intercollegiate leagues.

we used to have a team a team c team and adult team but not this year. they have already started for the season

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn

Was this the one where the teams went to different barns/riding facilities, and rode their horses and were judged, and your team would host a show at one point and they would ride your horses? I remember doing something like that in the winter months many years ago... It was great fun showing on a horse you've never ridden before.. very challenging.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I judged all the teams at Loftmar a couple of years ago, and I tried to see way back then if you guys wanted to start a team then. I was new I guess and just got a bunch of crap from everyone. I should go back and see who gave me a hard time way back when. Do the threads still exist from that long ago? I even thought about creating a team this year, and then I found out we are most likely leaving. I think we have plenty of riders good enough to be on a team down here, but a couple of the barns would have to work together to meet the criteria.

fredsaid2

I thought the biggest issue back then was no local barn had the number of students or horses available to host a team. The kids not only ride for the team but have to take a regular weekly lesson w/ their barn. The other issue was no openings for a new B team. Sadie, do you have the numbers to field a team? Even if you leave before next fall maybe you could set the wheels in motion for the person who takes over for you.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I thought the biggest issue back then was no local barn had the number of students or horses available to host a team. The kids not only ride for the team but have to take a regular weekly lesson w/ their barn. The other issue was no openings for a new B team. Sadie, do you have the numbers to field a team? Even if you leave before next fall maybe you could set the wheels in motion for the person who takes over for you.

IT could be done, but I don't think I want to put all of the work into starting it and not get to see any of the results. I am most likely leaving in February. I have so many regular lessons and stuff anyway, I am not sure it will fit in my schedule. I have talked to another instructor about how it is possible, and maybe she will take the lead.