Need a Bomb Proof Horse...

Carefulone

Since this seems to be not a real "Welcome Back", if I'm wrong.... I've not been gone and I think I made it clear, if not, I live in California and got screwed by people in Pa., I talked about it on the HYPP thread, people some seem to have befriended, and THAT'S YOUR BUSINESS.....

Now with that said, I don't sell horses, I bred three horses in my 25 years, I'm not a breeder, I look to others who have that expertise. I enjoy them, horses, when they actually make it to my ranch and not 30 miles away........

I found this board while trying to find property, area's that would be good to invest in, a farm for our future, AGAIN, as I said before, in either Maryland or Pa. I, myself find property a better investment than horses, horse are relaxation to me, not my lively hood. I enjoy the ride, not the game.

I will not get into an "outing" match on this board. That is not and never has been my intention.

I was asking a reasonable question of COVEKAT. There are broke horses of many breeds, and I think the name of this forum is simply "Horses".

covekat

Sorry for the confusion! I had a woman come look at my WB I have for sale... she misrepresented herself, and was a beginner rider in a big way... she wants something to trail ride, and maybe one day do lower level dressage with... I HAD to ask why she was looking at a 5 figure WB... thought it was a legit question... she said her instructor told her that was what she NEEDED.. LOL..

I told her I would look around and try to find her something safe that she could learn on, horse will be boarded and she is taking lessons. Breed is not too important (NO TB's) , she doesnt want something ancient either... Price, who knows? She will buy something that is worth the money and that she is comfy on.

Last edited:

Carefulone

It's a great question and since I do live out of state, I was trying to see what your friend was looking for....now people on the board will know that you're looking for a warm blood....any bomb proof warm bloods out there?

Carefulone

missed the part that said someone else was looking for a 5 figure bomb proof warmblood, hard to find a 5 figure price on a warm blood weanling.....although sometimes people are looking to get a great home for a horse that has been important to them, and the money is not as important as the home? Nice that you are helping her, and a good thing her misrepresenting herself didn't get "herself" hurt. Tonquetwister....

covekat

I didnt tell her my horse was bombproof...and she didnt tell me thats what she was looking for! I came to that conclusion after about 20 seconds of watching her ride...or trying...I also warned her about going out on her own and looking at horses, that she could really get hurt doing that!

fredsaid2

I didnt tell her my horse was bombproof...and she didnt tell me thats what she was looking for! I came to that conclusion after about 20 seconds of watching her ride...or trying...I also warned her about going out on her own and looking at horses, that she could really get hurt doing that!

Amazing her instructor would send her out horse shopping on her own w/ the advice to buy at that price! Makes you wonder the 'instructor' isn't just a person who rides themselves just at a bit higher level than the 'student'. Hope she takes your advice.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Depends on what you want, $800 up to 3G is what I found when I was looking into shippng a year ago. -vicky

Several years ago I shipped a mare from Salah Washington to DE for $1200 because someone backed out at the last minute..it is usually $2k up..

Carefulone

cost me from 850 to 1000 dollars on a great carrier, all in that range on cross country hauls....as long as you can co ordinate with the shipper you choose, and wait for them to have a full load, the price can go down accordingly....My shipper was reasonable and my weanling stepped off the trailer looking like she had gone for a ride around the block.