Need a deep-cycle battery

bohman

My boat's battery is deceased. Where's the best place to buy one in, or near, St. Mary's?

PJumper

:yeahthat:
Pasofever said:
I use a marine battery for my horse trailer..I got it for under $100 at Walmart..

That's the place. Also bring your old battery to get a core discount.

bohman

OK, Wally-world it is. I hate that freakin place, but there's no way I'm paying marine store prices, either. Especially because I don't need anything fancy - this battery will power my sounder, cabin and running lights, and occasionally a handheld GPS.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
bohman said:
OK, Wally-world it is. I hate that freakin place, but there's no way I'm paying marine store prices, either. Especially because I don't need anything fancy - this battery will power my sounder, cabin and running lights, and occasionally a handheld GPS.
You've got a hand held GPS that runs on 12 VDC ?

bohman

aps45819 said:
You've got a hand held GPS that runs on 12 VDC ?

Garmin 72, runs on 4 AAs. But I also bought the DC connection to plug into a cigarette-lighter outlet. It's a lot easier than feeding it AAs, because it will chew through them quickly.

bohman

desertrat said:
Doesn't sound real portable does it? :lmao:

:smack: It's not very portable at all, I only go from the front of the cockpit to the back....

And aps, I know, I'm supposed to stick to paper charts. :yay:

Nothing but helpful people here, I swear.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Do you have 2 batteries on the boat? one for starting the engine and the other to run the do-dads?

bohman said:
:smack: It's not very portable at all, I only go from the front of the cockpit to the back....

And aps, I know, I'm supposed to stick to paper charts. :yay:

Nothing but helpful people here, I swear.
But it's a hand held that you have to plug in?

bohman

desertrat said:
But it's a hand held that you have to plug in?

Nope. It's a handheld that I choose to plug in. There are 4 double A batteries in it; I can unplug it and walk anywhere I want. When I plug it in, I'm connecting to items that are themselves portable - cars and boats.