Need help findind a bridal shower location

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I am looking for a nice classy place to have a bridal shower that isn't going to be too expensive. I am thinking of a place like the Tavern at the Villiage, but I need to see how much they will cost. Does anyone know of any really nice halls or places that will cater or rent out a room for a reasonable place in St. Marys?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
How many people?

I hear that Hollywood VFD has a really nice hall, although I've never been there, several friends have held events therre.

K

Kimmy

Olde Breton Inn. Bailey's Catering does the catering there. My dad's retirement party was there and the food was great. And the place in very beautiful inside.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Was it expensive? After all it is a bridal shower and not a wedding. I don't want to go overboard. Broome Howard Inn is already booked for that date.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by jeneisen
Was it expensive? After all it is a bridal shower and not a wedding. I don't want to go overboard. Broome Howard Inn is already booked for that date.

Oh. Sorry to hear that Jen. Well as you well know.. my reception is at the OBI...so,...if you want a price list.. I can give it to ya. And get you in contact with someone

dottymae

A friend of mine had her baby shower at The Hampton Inn in Lex. Park (in 2001). Unfortunately, I couldn't attend but from what I heard it was really nice and it accommodated the guest list of 30-40 people.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
There's a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick, like a meeting room but it's big enough for what you want to do. You'd have to hire a caterer.

The Berry Patch has a really nice tea room but probably can only handle 15 or so.

Adams and Stoneys in PF have "back" rooms that they would probably be able to acommodate you and they both work with you as far as menus and catering.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
My shower is going to be at the Hollywood Volunteer Rescue Squad - might not be as 'classy' as what you're looking for, but it's where we had my baby shower too and it was great. Large, kitchen space, plenty of seating, etc... I like it there! My gals chose the place, so I didn't have much choice - but I'm glad they chose it!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I am thinking of a place like the Tavern at the Villiage, but I need to see how much they will cost.

Tavern would work, but I'm sure they'd expect you to eat there - and it ain't cheap. So, that option might be out unless they'll actually rent you space as opposed to making you eat there. 30-35 people would fit in a decent sized house, if you knew anyone who could accomodate.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well thats the problem, my aunt offered but she lives in Waldorf and its kind of far out of the way. She is an option but we are trying to find someone/something closer. We'll keep looking and hopefully find something. The shower is in July but I called a few place and none of them are free.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Well thats the problem, my aunt offered but she lives in Waldorf and its kind of far out of the way. She is an option but we are trying to find someone/something closer. We'll keep looking and hopefully find something. The shower is in July but I called a few place and none of them are free.

Go with the aunt's house! Just give plenty of notice to the people invited. Waldorf isn't that far - and for a free place where you have nice kitchen, bathroom, plenty of room, etc... it's worth it. Plus, you aren't stuck with some restaurant menu and can suit yourselves with no time limit.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Yeah thats true but I really want to leave it up to the girls. Whatever they decide is fine I am just helping them look.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Yeah thats true but I really want to leave it up to the girls. Whatever they decide is fine I am just helping them look.

I thought you wanted to pretty much plan your own shower since you wanted it to be a certain way? Did you change your mind on that?

I let my chicks roll with it from the beginning. They asked me for my opinion on a few things, and I know they got together a couple of nights to go over things. Other than that, I know the date and time and that's it!