Need HELP for my son

mdmom

Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any outdoor activites or groups for my 5yr old son? I want him to be able to learn how and be around the hunting, fishing, car, outdoor world and being a single mom who knows nothing about that stuff and is not from MD I need help!
Thank you to those who help!
We live in the St. Mary's area

sockgirl77

Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any outdoor activites or groups for my 5yr old son? I want him to be able to learn how and be around the hunting, fishing, car, outdoor world and being a single mom who knows nothing about that stuff and is not from MD I need help!

We already answered this for you.

Hello Everyone,

Start out by taking him on some hikes. Learn a bit yourself while you are out there. Some of the parks have nature trails with signs along the way. Cypress Swamp in Calvert is one that comes to mind.

It says 7 on the website and for most kids, they are either 5 or 6 at the end of kindergarten. :confused:
7 years of age or 1st grade is the criteria.

National policy is that June 1 is the date on which they change what den they are in, so on June 1 at the end of kindergarten they are elligible to be a Cub Scout in a Tiger Den. June 1 at end of 1st grade they go from the Tiger den to the Wolf den. June 1 at the end of 2nd grade they go from the Wolf den to the Bear den. June 1 at the end of 3rd grade they go from the Bear den to the Webelos den. They are a Webelos until they earn their Arrow of Light, turn 11 or June 1 of their 5th grade year, at which point they can join Boy Scouts.

mdmom

Thank you all! I didnt realize that people looked through all the forums. I am sorry I double posted. I am new on here so I didnt know. Thank you again. I really appreciate all your help and time!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Thank you all! I didnt realize that people looked through all the forums. I am sorry I double posted. I am new on here so I didnt know. Thank you again. I really appreciate all your help and time!
Most of us hit the button at the top for new posts and it brings up everything regardless of the category.