Need ideas...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My week vacation to Myrtle Beach over 4th of July was squashed. The re-do was for the upcoming Labor Day holiday, and that too is getting cancelled. :ohwell:

I do have a four-day weekend and would like to just getaway somewhere, but not too far away, nor do I want to drive off the edge of the flat earth. I haven't been away since my week in Maine last October.

I'm open for suggestions.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Cacapon, Blackwater Falls, someplace in the mountains maybe. Short drives.

But then again, I'm probably not the best for ideas as I havent taken a vacation since 2006. :sshrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cacapon, Blackwater Falls, someplace in the mountains maybe. Short drives.

But then again, I'm probably not the best for ideas as I havent taken a vacation since 2006. :sshrug:
I thought about the mountains or maybe Charlottesville, I haven't been there in years. But then again, it's a holiday weekend, so the cost of hotels will be high.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My week vacation to Myrtle Beach over 4th of July was squashed. The re-do was for the upcoming Labor Day holiday, and that too is getting cancelled. :ohwell:

I do have a four-day weekend and would like to just getaway somewhere, but not too far away, nor do I want to drive off the edge of the flat earth. I haven't been away since my week in Maine last October.

Why can't you still go to Myrtle Beach? It's open year round.... :jet:

Do you want to lay on a beach, or sight see, or eat a lot, or what? More information is needed.

If it were me I'd go to Gatlinburg.

ontheriver

Book a Bed and Breakfast in Solomon's. Just pretend you're a tourist and don't tell anyone....

Or there's always the Bahamas. My favorite getaway......

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Why can't you still go to Myrtle Beach? It's open year round.... :jet:

Do you want to lay on a beach, or sight see, or eat a lot, or what? More information is needed.

If it were me I'd go to Gatlinburg.
Because my BFF that lives there is in Illinois with mom issues. I had to cx July 4th vacation due to my mom. Aging parent issues are no fun. :ohwell:

I was just hoping for a short getaway. If I were to fly down, would I be staying with you? I'm sure hotel prices are expensive.

Reactions: rio

Makavide

Not too talkative

You could try Mountain Lake Lodge in Pembroke, VA.

(they filmed parts of Dirty Dancing there)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I had a friend who spent a weekend in Garret County at one of these cabins. He and his wife enjoyed exploring the surrounding area.

Along the same lines, there are nice places/cabins near Luray Caverns, but I suspect they'll all be booked for the end of summer/fall.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a friend who spent a weekend in Garret County at one of these cabins. He and his wife enjoyed exploring the surrounding area.

Cute! My sister and I stayed at one at St. Germany state park a few years ago. It was really nice.