PREMO Member
Nice idea, but $300+ a night!
Yes, but you’d get to do this…

1724192487569.jpeg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I were to fly down, would I be staying with you? I'm sure hotel prices are expensive.

Unfortunately I don't even have a proper couch for you to surf - you'd have to sleep in a recliner. :ohwell: And you're right - summer hotel prices here are outrageous, but they're going to be crazy anywhere you go over Labor Day.

Look at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. It's not a bad drive from you, about the same as going to Myrtle Beach.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Unfortunately I don't even have a proper couch for you to surf - you'd have to sleep in a recliner. :ohwell: And you're right - summer hotel prices here are outrageous, but they're going to be crazy anywhere you go over Labor Day.

Look at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. It's not a bad drive from you, about the same as going to Myrtle Beach.
Thanks! My previous boss has a house in Destin, maybe I can surf at her house next time she's down there. We had dinner last week. 😁

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Along the same lines, there are nice places/cabins near Luray Caverns, but I suspect they'll all be booked for the end of summer/fall.
That. We booked an Airbnb for a week, situated on a mountainside halfway between Luray and the Skyline Dr. entrance. We really like that area. Heck we like the entire Shenandoah Valley along Rt 11, for that matter. We missed this year's valley Yard Crawl though...we'll hit it next year. Headed to a lakeside lodge in Cassopolis Michigan tomorrow....40-year college classmate reunion. Liver is going to be punished.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Maybe a little adventure...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That. We booked an Airbnb for a week, situated on a mountainside halfway between Luray and the Skyline Dr. entrance. We really like that area. Heck we like the entire Shenandoah Valley along Rt 11, for that matter. We missed this year's valley Yard Crawl though...we'll hit it next year. Headed to a lakeside lodge in Cassopolis Michigan tomorrow....40-year college classmate reunion. Liver is going to be punished.
We love that area as well. Lots of beautiful sights to enjoy.

My fiancé did the crawl this year with a group of her girlfriends and one poor husband stuck driving the RV that taxied them. Now I'm looking at consolidating a storage unit to hold her newest treasures. 😆

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thanks! My previous boss has a house in Destin, maybe I can surf at her house next time she's down there. We had dinner last week. 😁
Look into Airbnb!!! I rented one in Lakeland, FL for 7 days!!! Starting THIS Sunday thru 8/31 (check out 9/1, actually) for $545.00!!!!!!

Great ratings, etc. Will post some pics next week. This will be my 3rd one (2 in Lakeland and 1 in PCB) and I've had great luck ao far! :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I've been wanting to explore some of the Delaware beaches. I have quite a few friends that camp and vacation over that way but I've also looked at condo rentals and hotels. All seems fairly reasonable. I just want to go park my butt in the sand and relax for a day or two...that'd require leaving my kid and husband behind though :lol: hey...maybe I'm on to something........