Need Recommendation for HVAC Company

Bobwhite

My HVAC system hasn't been serviced in over a year. Currently, I am mad at both Boothe and T N Bowes. Can any of you recommend another HVAC company?

GregV814

My HVAC system hasn't been serviced in over a year. Currently, I am mad at both Boothe and T N Bowes. Can any of you recommend another HVAC company?
we've used Boothe and they were good to us. However, our son's AC took a dive in June. FIXED RIGHT & GUARANTEED, Chaneyville Rd. had him cooled with a brand new system within 24 hours later. I was impressed. Good work, good guys.

Bobwhite

Why you mad?

I've had service contracts with both companies. I can't say that I was ever dissatisfied with their service. In 2018, several of the residents in the condo in which I reside decided to get new air conditioners. We vetted three companies and chose TN Bowes. Before this, I had been using Boothe. When I got my new air conditioner, I decided to use TN Bowes since they had installed it. You paid $180 up front for two maintenance tune-ups per year. TN Bowes would send you a reminder several months in advance so you could set up your next appointment. Last year they stopped sending the reminders so several of us, myself included, forgot to schedule appointments. TN Bowes decided not to send the reminders anymore, which is their right and I don't really have a problem with that, but they should have let us know that that was their new practice. So I said the heck with that, I'll get someone else. I called Boothe only to be told they do not service units that they have not installed. So, I'm mad at both of them. I'm not saying that it is reasonable, but reason seems to fly out the window when one has their dander up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've had service contracts with both companies. I can't say that I was ever dissatisfied with their service. In 2018, several of the residents in the condo in which I reside decided to get new air conditioners. We vetted three companies and chose TN Bowes. Before this, I had been using Boothe. When I got my new air conditioner, I decided to use TN Bowes since they had installed it. You paid $180 up front for two maintenance tune-ups per year. TN Bowes would send you a reminder several months in advance so you could set up your next appointment. Last year they stopped sending the reminders so several of us, myself included, forgot to schedule appointments. TN Bowes decided not to send the reminders anymore, which is their right and I don't really have a problem with that, but they should have let us know that that was their new practice. So I said the heck with that, I'll get someone else. I called Boothe only to be told they do not service units that they have not installed. So, I'm mad at both of them. I'm not saying that it is reasonable, but reason seems to fly out the window when one has their dander up.
Call Steve. He's a great guy. I've known him and his wife for 30+ years. He's also done work for me a few times.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Great Mills Heating and Air. Been dealing with them for maintenance and installation concerns for 27 years on my personal residences, plus another 2 years on an apartment complex that I used to manage. Kurt is awesome!

301-994-0522

Reactions: TPD

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've used J.W. Windsor for a/c, and he put in a whole new system a few years back, no contract. Good work, responsive, not terribly expensive.
301-884-2757

For heating I've had a service contract with BurchOil for the oil burner pretty much since I owned the house in '94. No issues, prompt for calls and emergencies.

Humbled

I've had B&N HVAC, 301-752-7882 out for a couple of emergency repairs uver the last few years. Small company, but quick and cheaper than expected.